Posted No Trespassing

DLH_Woodstock

How many of us have seen these signs and thought, but I’ve hunted here for years, what changed? Why can’t I keep hunting here!
The things that change may be a new land owner or that someone else messed up your honey holes. And in this case it was a new landowner who does not hunt and someone messed up.
My neighbor who purchased this property recently asked me if I had been hunting his property. I informed him that I have not but I would like to in the future. He said someone has been hunting his side of the pond and he want to know who. I assured him it was not myself or anyone in our club. We build a relationship over the past year and he has invited me to hunt his side of the pond. The problem arose when someone started taking down his no trespassing signs. Of course this has aggravated him and he has contact the game Warren about this. He asked me if I would let him know if anyone was hunting this morning and as you can imagine on the first day of duck season (while I’m in my deer stand I hear the first duck calls of the year) yep they were hunting.
So per the request of my neighbor I got down and walked to the pond and asked them to leave and instruct them the game warden has been called and they should not return.

To the person I spoke to this morning if you would PM me I would like to offer you a possible solution and an opportunity to possibly hunt in the future if you’re smart about this.
To all my fellow duck and deer hunters be safe and God bless
David