Practice thread..

Hunter922

YES Mr. IVERSON we talkin' bout practice...
How many are practicing multiple times a week? The reason I'm asking is it was cool Years ago we had a practice thread that was cool and put just a slight amount of pressure on the shots this time of year. If anyone is interested we could do a 3 shot practice session at various yardages ( 45-50 max) and post our results same day. Maybe one day a week.... just a thought. Gotta have enough interest...

Ajohnson0587

Practice is tough for me on weekdays, I am usually working late or playing with the kids. But I make a point to get up early on Saturday & Sunday and shoot 15-20 arrows before the heat sets in. I also try to get to Panola MTN and shoot the 3D course once a month.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’d love to play. I’m shooting almost every day. I love having my wife or neighbors watching cause it adds a ton of pressure. After an epic fail from a 4 shot set at about 35-45 yards, I started getting back to quality versus quantity. Now I’m shooting a 4 shot group close up as a stretching exercise, then 1 at a time from further out And different yardages. But I’m happy to do anything to get better! My new bow should be here tomorrow (Friday) so I’ll have to start over setting up, but let’s play!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I would practice form and accuracy until a few months before the season.
Then I would switch to a "one cold shot" session every other day.
One cold shot = walk outside and shoot one arrow at different yardages each time.

HIGH COUNTRY

Every day some, heavier on weekend - Nine weeks into transitioning to a recurve bow after being bow only compound for three decades. Very very challenging but also addictive - I love it!!!

Goal is to be deadly out to twenty yards, the way I set up most of my shots are well within that range. but hopefully can get to 25 or a tad more at some point, maybe maybe not this year.

I love the simplicity, very quick process to shoot, and I can shoot even at almost full dark - if I can see it or even the outline then I can hit it.

Wished I had started in January though... First few weeks were TOUGH!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Every day some, heavier on weekend - Nine weeks into transitioning to a recurve bow after being bow only compound for three decades. Very very challenging but also addictive - I love it!!!

Goal is to be deadly out to twenty yards, the way I set up most of my shots are well within that range. but hopefully can get to 25 or a tad more at some point, maybe maybe not this year.

I love the simplicity, very quick process to shoot, and I can shoot even at almost full dark - if I can see it or even the outline then I can hit it.

Wished I had started in January though... First few weeks were TOUGH!!!
That sounds like a load of fun!

BOWFINWHITT

I practice as much as I can . I'll shoot at random yardages. It's funny tho of how many of us quit practicing once the season opens.

BamaGeorgialine

Sounds like fun to me. I just came inside the house from turning some arrows loose. I like to shoot five to ten times a day and put her up after that. I got some big hogs on camera and hopefully I can practice on one of them Thursday afternoon