Practice

Dudley Do-Wrong

How often to you practice? I shoot, at a minimum, every other day and shoot about 50-60 shots (each day) I go either to Flat Creek PFA archery range in Perry or to a friend's house that has numerous blob targets at vsrious distances. I have been shooting a lot of long distance (up to 100 yards) which helps me focus for 20 to 40 yard shots.

ddd-shooter

Usually once or twice a week all year.
Summer I try to shoot every day, about 20 arrows.
A week or two before the season, I'll start shooting ever day-only one arrow at a time three or four times. But I really focus on my first cold shot with no warm up, like hunting.
I like to shoot out to 60/70. Forty is my most common shooting distance.

B. White

I would shoot only what you need to be proficient. I worked at an archery shop '80-'83. I shot about 60 per day for fun. Owner also had me giving lessons, so that was more on top of it. At that point, I could go months without shooting and hit a quarter at 25 yds on my first shot cold.

Shoulder hurt for a couple of days the last deer I shot with a compound several years ago. Some of our parts are not easily replaced. Be wise with the mileage.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I would shoot only what you need to be proficient. I worked at an archery shop '80-'83. I shot about 60 per day for fun. Owner also had me giving lessons, so that was more on top of it. At that point, I could go months without shooting and hit a quarter at 25 yds on my first shot cold.

Shoulder hurt for a couple of days the last deer I shot with a compound several years ago. Some of our parts are not easily replaced. Be wise with the mileage.
Had shoulder surgery 5 months ago, didn't pIck up my bow until 6 weeks ago. I shoot for the fun of it and I like to challenge myself

ecoutside

Been shooting every other day or so since last week, but only shoot 8-10 arrows. I’m looking for quality over quantity. Like some of the others I can go all year without shooting and still be proficient at 25-35yds. Never shot a deer past 35 anyway........Now my recurve.....that’s a different story

BowanaLee

When I was younger I shot year round. 3-d and hunting. Age and arthritis has got me now. I have to use a xbow. Once set in, I only need to check it every now and then. Not near as fun as a bow but that dog will hunt. ?

GAbuckhunter88

I shoot at least once a week from end of season until June then switch to shooting 4-5 times per week up until season. Once season gets here I cut back to 2-3 times a week since I’m usually trying to hunt as much as I can.
I only shoot 12-15 arrows per time

ssramage

Not as much as I should, but a few times a week I'll shoot typically 25-30 arrows at a time. Around 1/2 of those are just at ,y bag target from 20-50/60 yards. The rest are from a ladder stand in my yard and shooting at my 3D deer that I have on a rolling stand.

stonecreek

About 2-3 times a week. Normally about 8 arrows a session. Really focus on making each shot count. My concentration goes off the rail if I do more. Still pulling 70# at 60. Range set up from 20-40 yards. Have never shot a deer past 30 yards and prefer them around 20yds. I practice sitting from stool, from tree, kneeling and sitting on my rump. I always beat Levi Morgan in my mind!!B58C6640-83FA-4B53-B60F-B993E7B894EC.jpegC9CB2F2D-B491-44CA-9DA1-37BB35F869AA.jpeg

uturn

As often as I possibly can. I usually get in a handful of arrows every evening that the weather allows. Normally stay in the 30 yard range.

I dont normally shoot thinking of it as practice, I enjoy it. Almost therapeutic.
View attachment 1092024
Thats how it’s always been for me...have never viewed it as practice, maybe I should but it’s always been like medicine for me too!

I shoot a lot!

Hunter922

We ( myself and my son) shoot alot. From 3d shoots to just shooting in the yard. We don't shoot groups ever arrows are to expensive and I've never had a deer stand there and allow it. We only bow hunt so From now thru January we shoot 1 arrow at a spot maybe 2 arrows per turn then pull them usually10-12 arrows per session. concentrating on one shot only.