Super pumped with my first archery buck

mtbhuff

Had this buck and another come in about 6pm at about 100 yards, the smaller buck was leading the way. They go behind some brush for a few minutes out of sight before popping out in the open hardwoods at about 70 yards. I had perfect wind. The smaller buck came up within 30 yards eating acorns, contemplated shooting him. Watched this guy hanging out in the 45-55yard range for the entire time he hung around eating. I pulled back in him multiple times and letting back down hoping to get a closer shot. The other buck had already headed out so this guy was soon to follow. I ranged him at 47 and decided to pull back and see how my nerves were. I guess they had settled after watching him for so long. I felt confident and let one rip. Nocturnal disappeared into the deer and out the other side, questioned if I had missed. He ran about 50 yards and crashed. Perfect double lung shot.I have been practicing almost exclusively at 40 yards and am confident in my results, was hoping for 40yard or less. Super grateful for this opportunity can't wait for the next sit!
20230927_195804.jpg20230927_191630.jpg20230927_191710.jpg

ASH556

Dang, great job. Congrats!

Arrow3

Congratulations! Nothing like your 1st

Kev

Nice. That looks like a heavy deer. You did something right for sure. You killed your first bow buck at 47 yards and didn’t get smelled before you shot him. I seem to stink really bad this year

Big7

The Oracle
He got a good set of horns !!

Congratulations on your first bow Buck. He's a
good- un.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Well done on a great buck! I bet that was intense! Congratulations! :cheers:

DSGB

Congrats! Nothing like the emotions of running an arrow through a good one!