Primary Food Source! Hard Labor Creek!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
For those of you who were lucky enough to be picked for the upcoming hunt at Hard Labor, I went scouting with one of you lucky dogs (literaly) and what we found was amazing!

It seems that the primary food source being utilized right now is sweet gum saplings!

Good luck on the hunt!

For a small phenominal fee I'll share some of the hot spots we found yesterday where the sweet gum stands were really thick! :pop:

(This is NOT a joke!)

Kdog

Jeff, keep it tight brother.

I know where you live. ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

We saw most of our deer on the course and definately the driving range. ;)

Kdog

kevincox

I have played golf at Hard Labor enough, and been in the woods enough looking for golf balls that I know where I'd be hunting if I had been drawn for the hunt! For a nominal fee(just kidding) I will tell you which hole on the golf course has some good buck sign, or you could guess 1 in 18 chance.

matthewsman

I thought I was the only one...

that hunted sweetgum saplings.....I've got a great area on Cedar Creek that I hunt often.........I hunt the edge of the understory that's created from annual burns.On years with bad acorns,I can always count on the deer browsing the young sweetgums........I tasted'em to see why they ate them,they were kind of sour,but not unpleasant.....

General Lee

Sounds like those poor deer need a good helpin' of corn,they're having to eat sweet gum saplings ::gone:

BOWHUNTER!

Hole #15 has been a hot spot for deer. The green must be sweeter there. I have had them stand next to the tee box while hitting. Yall lucky dogs, whoever got picked. It sure wasn't me.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Kevin,

I sure do hope so! You fellows that got the lucky draw need to do us proud.

Take all you legally can.

scottl29

I'm so pumped, it's unreal! Thanks for any help you can lend. I've never been there and will try to go scouting as we get closer.