Prostate Cancer Diagnosis

BriarPatch99

Who was it said "The Golden Years" .... I think they flat out lied ....

I had a Transperineal Prostate biopsy back March 6 th and got my biopsy results back...

Two areas of Prostatic Adenocarcinoma GS 3+3 Group 1...
One area of Focal Adenocarcinoma GS 3+3 Group 1
Two areas of Prostatic Adenocarcinoma GS 3+4 Group 2

Fortunately the cancer is contained with in the prostate ...
I have decided to go with a Radical Prostatectomy... which is total removal ....
I was not a candidate for Radiation seeds due the size of my prostate.... External radiation would have been 8 &1/2 weeks of external radiation in either Jacksonville FL or Emory in Atlanta... neither is driving distance and would mean renting a place for the duration... none of which appealed ...

So I have the Radical Prostatectomy set up at St. Vincent's Hospital in Jacksonville the second week of June ... My Surgeon is the number one rated surgeon in Jacksonville with the Da Vinci Robotics XI system ... Dr. Vashi has preformed over 1200 of these surgeries and I feel in very capable hands.
The plan is to remove the prostate ...no lymph nodes because an 3T MRI showed it contained within ... He plans to leave all the nerves intact and the Prognosis is very favorable for almost full recovery afterwards...

My down time which means no tractor work for six weeks ....I help farm a 135 acres Hay Farm of grass for mostly horse hay including cutting and baling.... So it will be right in the middle of hay season....

I have not said anything earlier to most of you all ... sorta having to process this all ..... and the many trips to Jacksonville has left me with little time to be on here much ...

I would appreciate that if You all Pray.... please say one for me ...and for those who don't keep me in your thoughts ...

I lost my Mother at age 41 in 1975 ....from terrible cancer ...this is
brings back some horrible memories that I wish none of you have ...

Again I appreciate the Prayers and Thought...

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Awww man, hate this for you!! You are at the top of my prayer list and good thoughts too, my friend!! You keep your spirits up, you've always kept a smile on that sweet face, so don't let that fade! Keep us updated, I wanna see you again next year at Chehaw!!

Redbow

Prayers sent for a speedy and complete recovery for you with the surgery. Prayers for the Lord's comfort for your family and friends and you also.

Cancer has killed many of my family members over the years its a terrible disease to have to deal with. I hate to hear of anyone being diagnosed with it.

sleepr71

Prayers sent. This menace can affect any of us. Just get everything done that you can before the surgery..then let the rest work itself out. It will work itself out! Focus on you,and your battle. Be strong. God will be with you.

2dye4

Prayers to you brother!! I just set up my 2 colonoscopy for the 17th of March and he did a blood test for my PSA levels which I have never had done before. Hoping for positive results.
I hope you procedure goes well.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You have mine, BP. Wishing you all the best, brother.

My dad had his heart surgery there at St. Vincent’s in Jacksonville about 3 years ago. Those doctors are some of the best there is. Your problem is very curable, and you will be in great hands down there.

Stay positive. You CAN beat this!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Prayers to you brother!! I just set up my 2 colonoscopy for the 17th of March and he did a blood test for my PSA levels which I have never had done before. Hoping for positive results.
I hope you procedure goes well.
Wishing you the very best as well.