Rage Broadhead got me on the Board.

Realtree Ga

Finally connected on a doe this morning in Warren County. I've never shot Rage broadheads before but I wanted to try a rear deploying mechanical for my Barnett Predator crossbow. I decided on the Rage Crossbow Xtreme 2.3" cut. I like the new collars because the blades will not open until impact unlike many complaints from the rubber bands. I shot this doe at 40 yards. I hit much lower than I was hoping. The blade partially cut the front leg bone before entering the cavity. I must have just missed the heart and went below the lungs. I actually thought I had shot her further back so I waited 45 minutes to look for her. She ran about 100 yards and bedded down. That is where I found her an hour and 10 minutes after the shot. I honestly don't believe I would have found this deer if I was shooting a fixed blade. (No way to know that for sure of course). I also don't believe I would have found her if I were shooting front deploying mechanical heads. The image below is of the entrance wound which I believe created the majority of the blood trail that was pretty easy to follow. The exit was a 2" slit on the other side. Now maybe I would have recovered this deer no matter what broadhead I was using, but from this experience I'm pretty certain I have found the broadhead for me.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've been using those for the last 4 years and haven't lost a deer yet. I will say that I've not gotten that kind of exit wound, though. Impressive.

southGAlefty

Nice! I am a Rage guy too but I think I'm gonna try and support local folks and give Bipolars a try once I finish up this pack of Rages. You put it in the bread basket like you did there and a Rage can do some nasty things.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Congrats!!!

tmullins

Those Rage sure do a number, my buddy got this one yesterday with a Rage.. Huge Exit !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,419

Smackem

Ive been shooting rage exclusively for the past 5 years. Never lost a deer and have never had a problem.

That said, i shot a deer saturday with rage hypodermic and got a complete pass through and it only went 50 yards. However i decided to switch to ram cats just because im shooting low poundage now.

167WhiteTAIL

I agree, I have shot a bunch of deer with my bow and rifle. I just started using the Extreme a few years ago and have never seen from any weapon the devastation the Extreme brings to the table.

I've said it before, I can't believe they are legal.

That being said, I would not shoot them with a lighter poundage bow.

Realtree Ga

I agree on the light poundage. They are perfect with my Predator that shoots 375 fps. The short bolts almost always give a complete pass through. Unless it hits shoulder blade, the bolt is coming out the other side. Here is the exit hole. I didn't get a close up, so I had to crop a picture. This was with about a quarter inch of one blade broken off from hitting the front leg bone on contact. Cut through the bone however and still had a complete pass through.