Random cell phone pics 6

Lukikus2

Ah the good ol days. A preacher makes wiskey in a dry county. A two lane road leading out. Them Franklin county boys gathered alot of revenue out of that scenario...

westcobbdog

Ah the good ol days. A preacher makes wiskey in a dry county. A two lane road leading out. Them Franklin county boys gathered alot of revenue out of that scenario...[/QUOTE

During prohibition of what 10 years they switched gears and made a ton of yeast , breads and cakes keeping the doors open, but also keeping the whole community from tanking.

westcobbdog

Recently picked up my WMA Buck Euro Mount from Scott Hines in Hiram.
Tonight I attached it to a piece of barn wood I got from a fallen shed in Hancock County and its now in my 3rd garage / man cave.

Attachments

• IMG_3782.jpg
    IMG_3782.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3786.jpg
    IMG_3786.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3787.jpg
    IMG_3787.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 57

basstrkr

Recently picked up my WMA Buck Euro Mount from Scott Hines in Hiram.
Tonight I attached it to a piece of barn wood I got from a fallen shed in Hancock County and its now in my 3rd garage / man cave.

He looks a lot more dangerous than the others.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Got the red oak down on the second floor.

Miters on the nosing wouldn't stay square and keep the flooring ends square. I think my miter saw is off a hair. Newel posts should cover it.

It's a hip roof so there are 4 walk in closets. One in each corner.

670 square feet.
hw22.pnghw23.pnghw2.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Racked out the main level today. 1,653 square feet of red oak.

When I rack out closets and small rooms I get them cut to length. On large rooms I'll keep a miter saw on a dolly at the right side and cut 4 or 5 rows as I nail and then carry those cuts back to the left side and start again.

LR/DR/kitchen racked out.
hw1.pnghw12.pnghw13.png

Master sitting room cut and racked out.

hwsr1.pnghwsr2.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Last Sunday in Inverness.

pappas birds.png

My father in law was not doing well. I rushed my wife down to Inverness on Saturday, but he passed an hour before we got there.

The next morning "Papa's birds" were squawking at Sophie.

Rest in peace Pappa Lee. He was a good one.

westcobbdog

Got the red oak down on the second floor.

Miters on the nosing wouldn't stay square and keep the flooring ends square. I think my miter saw is off a hair. Newel posts should cover it.

It's a hip roof so there are 4 walk in closets. One in each corner.

670 square feet.
View attachment 1129030View attachment 1129031View attachment 1129029
Looks good, what are you doing for pickets and handrails? We are about to change some 1978 interior rough sawn cedar pickets to glass panels.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Looks good, what are you doing for pickets and handrails? We are about to change some 1978 interior rough sawn cedar pickets to glass panels.

I have a couple craftsman style oak newell posts that are left over from build jobs I'll use.

I'm going to use a rectangular rosette(saw one at Hill's, I'd only seen round and oval before) and a rectangular red oak handrail(saw that at Hill's too).

For the pickets I want to use round hollow black powder coated aluminum tube(I've used in on several exterior decks). Wife wants square painted wood. Probably end up with square painted wood.

The bad thing about building a lot of houses is that you get sick of looking at the same stuff over and over.

basstrkr

georgia_home

women are pretty tough… wife pops these out ever few months. The dark one was actively, painfully, fermenting near the exit for the last 3-4 weeks. she waited / toughed it out. gave birth to an bouncing kidney lava rock on Friday. The other was one of the other more recent ones.

8C045DD6-C360-4343-989D-CED45BD8EA4E.jpeg