Rare LM sighting.

Ajohnson0587

I’ve been fishing Lanier pretty heavily since I got my boat last April, yesterday I caught my first Large Mouth slow rolling a 3/4oz white/chartreuse spinner bait with rage swimmer as a trailer past a fallen oak tree, she hit it like a freight train. Boated 15 bass for the day, the rest being spots. All came on the same spinner bait, all were on cover against the bank or on a transitioning bank. They were all quality fish too(2-1/2 or better), Ironically the LM was just shy of 2LB (1-14oz). How offeten are you guys running into LM on Lanier?

Attachments

• E65917FD-E3B5-40E9-8C39-ACF6F281635F.jpeg
    E65917FD-E3B5-40E9-8C39-ACF6F281635F.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 106

seachaser

I lived in Chestatee for a couple yrs and caught them but spot are why more common if you fish where the largemouth live.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I haven’t been there in a long time time, but I’ve caught my share when I lived in Oakwood. I lost a Giant on a c-rig with a lizard thanks to a straightening of the hook…….that’s the only time in my life that’s happened! I think it was one of those nostalgic moments I’ll never forget!

hopper

I’ve been fishing Lanier pretty heavily since I got my boat last April, yesterday I caught my first Large Mouth slow rolling a 3/4oz white/chartreuse spinner bait with rage swimmer as a trailer past a fallen oak tree, she hit it like a freight train. Boated 15 bass for the day, the rest being spots. All came on the same spinner bait, all were on cover against the bank or on a transitioning bank. They were all quality fish too(2-1/2 or better), Ironically the LM was just shy of 2LB (1-14oz). How offeten are you guys running into LM on Lanier?
Can't even remember the last one I caught. It seams guys are catching more on the North end were I rarely venture.

hopper

Hired a kid a few weeks ago that lives on Lanier with his dad. Showed about 10 pictures of bass he is catching in and around his cove. All LM?

Last edited:

Killer Kyle

Spotted bass / Alabama bass have all but ruined our fishery for our native black bass species in Georgia.
I hope y'all are keeping all of those spots and bama bass you are catching.

Latest posts