recoil vs recoil

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
In your opinion what is going to have the hardest recoil a bolt action SIG 970 in 300 win mag shooting a 180 gr load from Grorgia Arms or a Ruger #1 in 45/70 shooting a winchester 300 gr factory load consider each as stock guns (although the Ruger now has a Simms pad on it) just want some opinions--bought/traded for both on an impulse haven't shot either as of yet ----never had a need for either caliber but couldn't turn down the offers I got eddy ::huh:

stumpman

Banned
You probably wont notice a difference in recoil from one to the other i have had both and didnt notice a difference.

Buzz

Shooting puny factory loads out of the .45-70 compared to full bore .300 WM rounds, I'd give the nod to the .300 WM as having a little more recoil. However, If you get into shooting level 3 loads out of that Ruger it will kick much worse than the .300 WM.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
yeah I have some Buffalo Bore loads for the 45/70 but have yet to find anything in Georgia that needs such power so I have no reason yet to try them and :bounce: I need what teeth I have to remain in place for now :bounce: I recall years ago my Grandfather saw a good buck and got so excited he shot both barrels of a light 12ga double with heavy loads almost at the same time it lifted him off the ground and back a few feet he landed on a log and was in bed for over a week unable to stand or walk thats what the B.B. loads would probably do to me :D eddy

GAR

Recoil vs Recoil

The 300 will abuse you more than the 45-70 will shooting factory loads. Realize this. Almost all current factory 45-70 loads are designed to be shot through a 73 Trapdoor. Chamber pressure is held to 28,000 PSI or less.

Eddy M. has got it straight on the Buffalo Bore rounds! There is even a discalimer on the ammo carton as to which weapons there rounds are safe to be fired in.

GT Buzz is also dead on the money! Start getting into the heavy weight bullets [400 grain +] at top velocity and you are approaching bottom end 458 Win Mag loads.

Buffalo Bore uses Cast Performance LBT bullets in their shells. You can go directly to their website and see what they are all about. They even offer reloading information for their bullets. They offer some of the best cast bullets in the market. I currently use them in a couple of handguns and one old 1886 Winchester.

GAR

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
some "friends" have tried to get me to try the B.B rounds in my T.C contender handgun I have so far just given them a very dirty look and suggested they try them themselves using my gun ---- no takers as of yet ::huh: ::huh: wonder why????