Regarding the youth hunt

Jdmb123

As a father, and someone who has hosted veteran hunts, I believe that the youth and veteran waterfowl days should absolutely be separate. Speaking in regard specifically of public access as my examples wouldn’t matter to a private blind. In Arkansas we make the yearly youth trip and the years they allowed vets it negatively impacted the kids. As we plan a youth hunt next week in ga I see the same issue.

An example being a boat full of children and a boat full of active duty marines intending to work on the same raft of birds well you can imagine how it ends up.

I have personally hosted many veteran hunts so don’t bother with the Why don’t you support the vets. The veteran day and youth day should be two separate days and thankfully Arkansas has made that distinction this year.

I’m sure the powers that be won’t listen but I think we should request the separation.

Last edited:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
WV doesn't have a vet hunt when all the other states around us have 1 or 2 days allocated, but has two days for kids. Would love to hit the birds with my grandkids before everyone else does, but not happening.

Our youth day is this coming Saturday, taking 2 out, one has never been.

Answer? Maybe move to Arkansas? Problem solved.

Thanks for your support. :flag:

Last edited: