Reminder Don’t forget your license and harvest record !

NWS

Good reminder. I know the following has been discussed before but here goes. If you are hunting on your own family land you still need a harvest record even if you do not have a hunting license.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Good reminder. I know the following has been discussed before but here goes. If you are hunting on your own family land you still need a harvest record even if you do not have a hunting license.

Kids need them too! Every hunter in this state regardless of whether you need to purchase a license or not needs a new one each year. Thanks for the reminder @Milkman!

DynamicDennis

I understand the purpose of the thread it's just if I plan it correctly I don't buy my license until well into hunting season therefore I feel like I get something for free. Especially if I don't go home I think my license now is valid until October 25 therefore I don't have to buy license until October 25.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I understand the purpose of the thread it's just if I plan it correctly I don't buy my license until well into hunting season therefore I feel like I get something for free. Especially if I don't go home I think my license now is valid until October 25 therefore I don't have to buy license until October 25.

Your license may still be valid until then, but your harvest record is expired. You need a new one each deer season.

bany

Do you need a piece of paper? Meaning the app has the harvest info. I’d probably print it if I was going to a “no service” area anyway but……

Dupree

Do you need a piece of paper? Meaning the app has the harvest info. I’d probably print it if I was going to a “no service” area anyway but……
If you save it to your app under “my licenses” you can pull it up without a good signal. I have not carried a paper copy in 4-5 years and have probably been checked 25-30 times with no issues.

Whit90

I do not understand why the harvest record is a separate item. It should be included with any hunting license that would require a harvest record.

bany

If you save it to your app under “my licenses” you can pull it up without a good signal. I have not carried a paper copy in 4-5 years and have probably been checked 25-30 times with no issues.
That was my assumption, and I’ve never been across GW having a bad day.

That is a lot of encounters with Mr. Green Jeans, whoa!

Dupree

I do not understand why the harvest record is a separate item. It should be included with any hunting license that would require a harvest record.
I think it’s because if you buy an annual license on November 1, you could hunt part of two seasons therefore needing two separate harvest records.

Beagler

I also take a picture of my license and keep them on my phone, along with the app.

Dupree

That is a lot of encounters with Mr. Green Jeans, whoa!
I’ve been checked 7 times since January 1 this year. I spend a lot of time on public water and land.

dang

DANG !!!
Yeah, sheesh!
I stopped in to chat on a check in hunt last year, just to see how everyone was making out, what deer were checked in. After we talked for a while, they checked my license. It was all good, but I forgot my harvest record. Guy was nice enough to let me download it quick while I was standing there, but it's an easy one to miss.