Removing nest robbers (video)

blakejeffers

I am admittedly not a trapping expert but it’s a fun pastime during the downtime of the year and a good way to get my family involved. I choose the live catch traps for convenience of setting them and I have pretty good success. This past week I set out about 10 traps and did a catch-clean-cook video on some of the critters I caught. If you get a chance check out the video! Thanks

Hillbilly stalker

Arkansas tooth pick. All the Troopers around here used to carry one in their ashtray for good luck. Boar coon. If you wrap the back end of your trap with some rat wire (hardware cloth), the coon wont reach in there and fiddle with your bait. Good video, I enjoyed it bud ! Keep them young uns out there !

Doug B.

Yep, that's a toothpick from a boar coon. Next time put the pressure the coon in a pressure pot for about 15 minutes then fry it. Good job!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I am admittedly not a trapping expert but it’s a fun pastime during the downtime of the year and a good way to get my family involved. I choose the live catch traps for convenience of setting them and I have pretty good success. This past week I set out about 10 traps and did a catch-clean-cook video on some of the critters I caught. If you get a chance check out the video! Thanks

Dang, I also caught your possum's cousin earlier last week and I used up two gallons of gas and about 25 miles in relocating this one in the pouring rain to Phinizy Swamp located out by the Augusta airport. I was trying to catch several squirrels to relocate as they have been driving me crazy lately. It must be 20-25 squirrels around most every day so I put BOTH sizes of my "Have A Heart" traps in the backyard to catch them BUT those squirrels would not get within 3 feet of either of them as I had baited each one with those fried "pork skins" things. I forgot and left them open during the night and the next morning, I just happened to look outside about 10 AM and see "old Grinner" in the larger size trap.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Enjoyed , your daughter is a cutie ! I cleaned a raccoon for a coworker this week , he’s gonna bbq it this weekend , mine also had a redneck toothpick , great video , my daughter does the YouTube thing I’ll make sure she subscribes !

oldguy

Relocating wildlife not advisable. Problems with moving parasites and diseases, increasing competion, etc. Also critter totally unfamiliar with new area. Picture putting you on a plane and dumping you out in a foriegn city where nobody spoke English, no money. Now you got to find food and shelter. GOOD LUCK! Same, same "relocating" wild critters. Most just perish out of your sight. A feel good measure at best. Be better off just dispatch them where you catch them.