Removing pain driveler #337

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Glad all of ya`ll up yonder are safe. Be careful with that cleanup.

The only thing I did was get some limbs and debris off the roof. Going to go up and see if I can slide a piece of roofing up under the 2 or 3 that I found that have punched holes through them into attic.

Other than that, I’m letting insurance and contractors handle it. I’m just getting too old to be climbing around on roofs. Might take my chainsaw and cut back about 4’-6’from the house in case general contractor/roofer comes b4 tree guy and they can go ahead and get started with repairs.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
The only thing I did was get some limbs and debris off the roof. Going to go up and see if I can slide a piece of roofing up under the 2 or 3 that I found that have punched holes through them into attic.

Other than that, I’m letting insurance and contractors handle it. I’m just getting too old to be climbing around on roofs. Might take my chainsaw and cut back about 4’-6’from the house in case general contractor/roofer comes b4 tree guy and they can go ahead and get started with repairs.

Be careful bro !!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Yep getting on the roof isn't bad it is not staying on the roof that gets us old guys. We don't bounce like we used to.

How much of the pecan tree came down?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Rivers and creeks out of banks. Look like someone poured chocolate milk in them. This is in North Carolina

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Yep getting on the roof isn't bad it is not staying on the roof that gets us old guys. We don't bounce like we used to.

How much of the pecan tree came down?

Most of it. o_O

Had Ric in the pic for scale, the rest is across the entire yard and hit roof and scraped down back of house. Actually got lucky and it pitched more to one side than I thought it would if it ever came down.

IMG_2641.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Dang, Jeff. Big ol tree. Glad it didn't do more damage.

4pm and power still out in Marietta. Posting from phone, up the street. Cell tower closest to the house must be out, 'cause I get no service from home. Had to run up the street to get a few bars.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Neighbors downed tree cut up and the limbs hauled off. Other neighbor has three in their backyard down, no damage. Probably cut those up tomorrow.

Still without power here.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Dang, Jeff. Big ol tree. Glad it didn't do more damage.

4pm and power still out in Marietta. Posting from phone, up the street. Cell tower closest to the house must be out, 'cause I get no service from home. Had to run up the street to get a few bars.

10-4 that’s the entire trunk, but half of that tree was blown out about 8 yrs ago in another storm and my BIL and I cleaned it up. Fortunately, it went the opposite direction out toward pasture. It had been hit by lightning prior to that. It was a huge widespread tree that covered most of the entire backyard at one time.

There was still a WHOLE LOT of that tree left that came down this morn.

Man can’t believe you with no cellular and Ruger with no Power yet, dang!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Neighbors downed tree cut up and the limbs hu Uh auled off. Other neighbor has three in their backyard down, no damage. Probably cut those up tomorrow.

Still without power here.

Wish the insurance would pay me to get this tree up. I’d cut it in 10’ lengths, drag it to fire pit and burn it up. Charge them and recover my deductible and put some cash in my pocket. :p

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Wish the insurance would pay me to get this tree up. I’d cut it in 10’ lengths, drag it to fire pit and burn it up. Charge them and recover my deductible and put some cash in my pocket. :p
:waggingfinger: Guy I worked with a long time ago tried that. We were both licensed contractors when a big storm trashed his place (we were the on call, emergency company for his ins. company). We cleaned up, and rebuilt everything back just as it was and the ins. wouldn't pay him for fix'n his own house. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops and put the company solely in my name just to get them to pay for materials and labor.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Most of it. o_O

Had Ric in the pic for scale, the rest is across the entire yard and hit roof and scraped down back of house. Actually got lucky and it pitched more to one side than I thought it would if it ever came down.

View attachment 1046643

Don't believe I have a chain saw big enough to cut that base up.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
:waggingfinger: Guy I worked with a long time ago tried that. We were both licensed contractors when a big storm trashed his place (we were the on call, emergency company for his ins. company). We cleaned up, and rebuilt everything back just as it was and the ins. wouldn't pay him for fix'n his own house. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops and put the company solely in my name just to get them to pay for materials and labor.

Yeah, I’ve got a work around if he calls me back. He’s not on call for any insurance company, but a one man tree guy with a helper. ;)

I could actually clean this up myself. I’ve got the saws and access to a 40 hp tractor 50-60’ from burn pile. I just don’t want to if there’s nothing in it for me after paying insurance a $1000.00 deductible for ALL of the work.

Then them telling me my premiums are going to go up for filing a claim for only the 2nd time in 32 years....ticks me off.
:banginghe

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Yeah, I’ve got a work around if he calls me back. He’s not on call for any insurance company, but a one man tree guy with a helper. ;)

I could actually clean this up myself. I’ve got the saws and access to a 40 hp tractor 50-60’ from burn pile. I just don’t want to if there’s nothing in it for me after paying insurance a $1000.00 deductible for ALL of the work.

Then them telling me my premiums are going to go up for filing a claim for only the 2nd time in 32 years....ticks me off.

Jeff my home owners fire claim did not affect my premiums.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Wife found some shelled purple hull peas, blanched, for $20 per gallon. "Bout 4 quarts per gallon. She bought 4 gallons, that will be shared with her family.

Last edited:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

That is a LOT of smoking wood on the ground.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

You don't need firewood?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Don't believe I have a chain saw big enough to cut that base up.

Actually, there’s a lot of hollow in it. Might be able to cut around it down to ground. That’s why it blew down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.