Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in!!! (adding Illinois pics now)

Jim Boyd

We’ll be passing through Illinois Monday heading to Missouri. You can keep the skeeters there. I’ll let ya!:bounce:

If you’ve got standing water in the bottoms like we have, my guess is you’re gonna have them also

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We’ll be passing through Illinois Monday heading to Missouri. You can keep the skeeters there. I’ll let ya!:bounce:

All of this describes a normal spring for me :bounce: . I tried shooting Thursday evening at dark and couldnt because the skeeters are so freaking bad. And a week ago we had big chunks of hail pounding about 500 new and used cars here at the store. My house is only 3 miles away and it missed me there so the new roof didnt get it.

Mike 65

All of this describes a normal spring for me :bounce: . I tried shooting Thursday evening at dark and couldnt because the skeeters are so freaking bad. And a week ago we had big chunks of hail pounding about 500 new and used cars here at the store. My house is only 3 miles away and it missed me there so the new roof didnt get it.
Is there a big sale on new cars now? facepalm:

Glad it didn't get the new roof! I never understood why skeeters were so bad in areas that have a long cold winter. :huh: I know y’all had some bad cold temps this past winter.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Is there a big sale on new cars now? facepalm:

Glad it didn't get the new roof! I never understood why skeeters were so bad in areas that have a long cold winter. :huh: I know y’all had some bad cold temps this past winter.

Yeah the winters dont seem to help with black flies and ticks and skeeters seems like there's no rhyme or reason on when they will be bad, but when they get bad you may as well stay indoors.

Not enough damage for insurance to step in because it's all paint-less dent repair at about $400 a car which means we are paying for it out of our pockets on each deal :(

bilgerat

Senior
Ticks n sketters on my property here in central Ga are bad too , I decided to walk 100 yards to my food plot and sit in the box stand for the last half hour of daylight .I forgot to spray and the skeeters swarmed me as soon a I got there and ran me back to camp , I picked 2 ticks off my legs after I got back.i plan to mow the plot tomorrow and gonna have to take a bath in deep woods off !!

Jim Boyd

We are tick eaten and weary this morning

Having coffee at barn and then headed to breakfast - big rain in the next two hours.

Got 10 cams out so far and one stand up.

This farm is incredibly grown up in weeds and invasives.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am flying out to Missouri on Tuesday to close on a piece of property and a house. Since i am going to be there I might as well throw up 1 or 10 cell cams :ROFLMAO:

You gonna make the move or just vacation house?
Congrats either way Chris!

flatsmaster

just a vacation house not a chance I get my wife to move from the beaches of FL lol
Congrats Chris …I’m with your wife … I love the MidWest and dang sure not a fan of the drive from Daytona but I have saltwater fished for 60 years and it’s year round so I’m here in the heat and humidity till good lord calls me home or we get a Democrat governor !!!