Rezoning Proposal of Pine Log WMA

sprewett

It wouldn't matter where I go I don't fit in. Haha. People where I'm from even ask me where I'm from. Guess I'm kinda a fast taking hillbilly accented country redneck gonna be big city dwelling. As I thought and prayed about it in order to escape the boom I would have to move out of the southeastern US. Alabama was 15th fast growing state last year and we will not even mention Florida. Everyone wants to be here. Besides I truly love Georgia mtns, flatlands, and beach (for the wife) all within a short drive. I do hate to see the Log get licked but praise the Lord for the National forest close to my house ain't no subdivisions going in there. Sorry I was griping earlier kinda really bothers me to see the woods get destroyed in the name of that almighty dollar. Y'all have a fantastic day!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm a Georgia Boy.. This whole state is mine.

Now if we can just run all the immigrants out of here. My family has had nothing but trouble out of those people ever since we came to this country. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My position is if you don’t like the way we southern folk live note our home airlines motto, “Delta is waiting for you!”

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My position is if you don’t like the way we southern folk live note our home airlines motto, “Delta is waiting for you!”

I prefer the short version - "Git!" :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Regarding Pine Log, heard there were 1600 doors proposed ( so far ) with some mixed use retail plus the industrial element.
It is truly sad. I like where I’m at, wife got a good job nearby. Trout stream minutes from the house part of the year, creek fishing year round. Ten minutes to toss my kayak in Allatoona. Corp land within near a stones throw. It was good while it lasted.

westcobbdog

It is truly sad. I like where I’m at, wife got a good job nearby. Trout stream minutes from the house part of the year, creek fishing year round. Ten minutes to toss my kayak in Allatoona. Corp land within near a stones throw. It was good while it lasted.
You on the Cartersville proper side of 41 or the Pine Log side?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m off Hwy 20 east of the creeks.

longrangedog

It's private property. They should be able to sell it, develop it, or do whatever else they want since they own it. If you're going to lose a place to hunt then find another one.

8pointduck

I understand and I agree. But when it hits a tipping point it accelerates

I used to date a girl whose family moved to coweta jn the 80’s to escape Atlanta along with a lot of other people. The people that came behind them for the same reason they deemed “intruders”
It was kind of comical.
I have seen Henry Co. just about paved over. Fayette too. Heard the same excuses each time that ''We trying to get away''. And, everytime it followed them. And became worse. And yes, you are doing nothing but causing someone else problems.

turkeykirk

I’ve been working on a cabin in North Georgia that sat unfinished for 20 years. I blend right in with my In God We Trust decal on my tag. :rofl: