Rio looking turkeys IN GA!

Glenn

I had an uncle in Waycross that used to raise some domesticated turkeys. He ended up selling them all to hunting plantations in SW Georgia.

Always thought it was wrong…I don’t call him family anymore.

buckpasser

I had an uncle in Waycross that used to raise some domesticated turkeys. He ended up selling them all to hunting plantations in SW Georgia.

Always thought it was wrong…I don’t call him family anymore.

Hey, who doesn’t appreciate a good continental turkey hunt now and then? Extension ladder him up there on the “roost” at about midnight and any calling sounds like good calling in the morning! Success rate:100%.

Blackston

Hey, who doesn’t appreciate a good continental turkey hunt now and then? Extension ladder him up there on the “roost” at about midnight and any calling sounds like good calling in the morning! Success rate:100%.
Sounds like u got it figured out …. I wonder if one could be placed in a burlap sack and swung around like a helicopter …. Works on pen raised quail :ROFLMAO:

buckpasser

Sounds like u got it figured out …. I wonder if one could be placed in a burlap sack and swung around like a helicopter …. Works on pen raised quail :ROFLMAO:

In fairness, I’ve never put on a continental turkey hunt. I was told by someone that supposedly DID put them on that a big pen of gobblers is the key ingredient. A lonely Tom that hasn’t been by himself before apparently wants company pretty badly in the morning after being placed on the limb. I’d probably rather be tricked into a pen turkey hunt than a put and take quail hunt. Less shooting required to get the “meat”, and no other first time hunters trying hard not to shoot you while out there drunk as a skunk.

Blackston

It can get quite “ western “ lol …. You ain’t lived till ya had a yankee shootin at birds that won’t fly in close proximity to you
In fairness, I’ve never put on a continental turkey hunt. I was told by someone that supposedly DID put them on that a big pen of gobblers is the key ingredient. A lonely Tom that hasn’t been by himself before apparently wants company pretty badly in the morning after being placed on the limb. I’d probably rather be tricked into a pen turkey hunt than a put and take quail hunt. Less shooting required to get the “meat”, and no other first time hunters trying hard not to shoot you while out there drunk as a skunk.

buckpasser

It can get quite “ western “ lol …. You ain’t lived till ya had a yankee shootin at birds that won’t fly in close proximity to you
Unfortunately, I’ve lived. Don’t plan on living like that again!

buckpasser

Again today:

4FF42190-A5D1-498E-A696-25DA8B0BDB6A.jpeg

buckpasser

Well, both of the Rio look alike Toms are now goners. My boss got serious this week and was able to take them. They are at the taxidermy shop (as I hoped they would be), so in about three years if I’m still alive, I’ll post up some cool taxidermy pics of them. Here’s to hoping the trait continues to manifest itself in the future!

buckpasser

I guess there’s another one out there, plus Jakes. Got a video yesterday evening.