Rock Island Handguns

Dub

Also if you get a 10mm get Underwood ammo for it. Its full power loads, not like most brand name factory loads that are just .40 cal.

Underwood has some good options, for certain. (y)

And be sure you have sufficient springs to run it.

One of the main issues 10mm shooters run into is wanting a single config to run the full spectrum of ammo.

Just like you said a pile of factory 10mm target ammo is nothing more than .40s&w.

Then you can find the hotter 10mm hunting ammo.

Then....there is the Gucci hottest 10mm hunting ammo that offers more of what a person really wants a 10mm to do.

You'll want to spring accordingly to what you are going to feed it.

Adam5

My 10mm is a great shooter. My only complaint is that it tosses brass too far and I tend to lose too much brass. It’s fed every ammo I’ve run through it and has never failed to run 100%.

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpeg
    IMG_3137.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Dub

Dub

My 10mm is a great shooter. My only complaint is that it tosses brass too far and I tend to lose too much brass. It’s fed every ammo I’ve run through it and has never failed to run 100%.

Heavier recoil spring may be nice for that ammo. Could calm things down on the ejection and take some stress off your gun.

Liberty

For people use to more recent pistol designs, peened in front sights are more difficult to change. If I were buying a 1911 with a peened on front sight, I’d make sure the sights were what I wanted on the gun or buy one with dovetails.

Adam5

Heavier recoil spring may be nice for that ammo. Could calm things down on the ejection and take some stress off your gun.

I’ve been considering trying a few lighter ones, but am hesitant to mess with how reliable it is.

Liberty

Hand load your practice ammo and you can control some of how far they go by turning down the powder charge.