Rocks or Tools ??

flatfoot

These were found together, in an area with no similar rocks close by. What struck me as odd, is the ends being flat, apparently ground off, not broken off. Especially the one on the bottom. So the question for the artifact experts is this. Indian tools or just plain ole rocks?
Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• 6E00954E-84AF-4965-9DB6-3B99E5BDC999.jpeg
    6E00954E-84AF-4965-9DB6-3B99E5BDC999.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 61
  • C2EBFB3F-6B9E-43BB-B9ED-B9552F7997DC.jpeg
    C2EBFB3F-6B9E-43BB-B9ED-B9552F7997DC.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 61

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Look like rocks to me.

longrangedog

Rocks were used as tools (hammerstones) to make tools. They usually show the damage from use in the form of rough surfaces from loss of material on the ends. Google hammerstones for a better description and pictures.

Hillbilly stalker

Good ol fashioned “ Alabama hammers”…..aka rocks. :rofl: But hey….they used all kinds of rocks for different chores, they didn’t sit down an Knapp out masterpieces for every little thing. They used what they had and made due. Ive found several that someone used, could have been cavemen, Injuns, frontiersmen or even people in more recent times. I always check the ends real good. Their still neat finds.(y)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Rocks were used as tools (hammerstones) to make tools. They usually show the damage from use in the form of rough surfaces from loss of material on the ends. Google hammerstones for a better description and pictures.
Rocks can be used as tools for many things. every rock isn't a tool. Most hammerstones are round, and show use wear.