Ruger Introduces the Super Wrangler

Robert28

They're not made of top notch materials, but I'm not someone who would shoot a 22 revolver enough to wear one out , I'd much prefer they were of Uberti or Pietta quality, as I have a Pietta 1873 in 45lc that I love, but the rough riders are economical fun little guns, I keep mine around for plinking occasionally, or for varmints, snakes, etc.

I've never cared for any of the Ruger single sixes, or the blackhawks, as they don't have the same feel as an 1873 clone, they don't have the same balance, too top heavy for my taste, I've not shot a Wrangler, but when they released it without the capability of 22wmr cylinders it ruled them out for me. The Super Wrangler is simply a money grab in my opinion, they released the wrangler on purpose without 22wmr, so they could then sell the public another 22 revolver in wmr after everyone had already bought the first model
Every 22 pistol or revolver I’ve owned I’ve always ended up selling. I just seem to get a lot more use out of my 22 rifles than I do any 22 pistol. If I need a snake gun I have plenty to choose from. I’m not really a “plinker”, I’m either shooting to hunt or shoot skeet or I’m shooting my handguns for practice.