S&W M&P 10mm

frankwright

That's a lot of Horsepower in a compact!
I do a lot of shooting and hunting with handguns and am not especially recoil sensitive.
I have a Glock G40 10mm I hunt pigs with and with warm loads I find the recoil fine.
With my little G29 compact recoil is rough and it is hard to get fast multiple shots.
I even downloaded some ammo just for that gun.
I am glad to see more and more gun manufacturers coming around to a "forgotten" cartridge!

Reactions: Dub

godogs57

I do a lot of shooting and hunting with handguns and am not especially recoil sensitive.
I have a Glock G40 10mm I hunt pigs with and with warm loads I find the recoil fine.
With my little G29 compact recoil is rough and it is hard to get fast multiple shots.
I even downloaded some ammo just for that gun.
I am glad to see more and more gun manufacturers coming around to a "forgotten" cartridge!
The 10mm has been enjoying a nice resurgence for a few years. Now you’re seeing 9mm loads touted as being equal in lethality to 45 ACP, 40 S&W, etc. Mind you, I’d cry like a baby if someone cut down on me with 22 cb loads but please…..don’t think that 9 will put em down as effectively as a 45 or a 10 .

rosewood

rosewood

I already have a P16-40 that I re-barreled to 10mm probably 15 or more years ago. Recently picked up an abused P16-40 at a pawn shop for $350, going to Cerakote it as soon as I get off my butt and do it. Couldn't make up my mind on whether to ream it to a 10mm or make it something else. Buddy of mine made up my mind for me. Sold me a 9x25 Clark barrel with the para ramp threaded with a comp and a set of Dillon 9x25 dies for $250. Couldn't pass that deal up. So now I have a P16-9x25 :). Not a 10mm, but a 10mm derivative...

Now when that S&W 10mm becomes available, will have to add one to the stable. :)

Rosewood

Dub

I already have a P16-40 that I re-barreled to 10mm probably 15 or more years ago. Recently picked up an abused P16-40 at a pawn shop for $350, going to Cerakote it as soon as I get off my butt and do it. Couldn't make up my mind on whether to ream it to a 10mm or make it something else. Buddy of mine made up my mind for me. Sold me a 9x25 Clark barrel with the para ramp threaded with a comp and a set of Dillon 9x25 dies for $250. Couldn't pass that deal up. So now I have a P16-9x25 :). Not a 10mm, but a 10mm derivative...

Now when that S&W 10mm becomes available, will have to add one to the stable. :)

Rosewood

The 9x25 Dillion is a smokepole in semi-auto pistol form.

Screaming outa there. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Darkhorse

I like the M&P's, got one and it's never jammed or had a ftf or fte, that's more than I can say for some others.... but what I don't like is the triggers. I would hate to buy a new S&W 10mm and find the trigger little better than what I've got now. I know about the apex triggers, I just don't feel I should spend the bucks for the new pistol, and maybe an optic, then spend another $100. or more to get a halfway decent trigger. It should come with one in the first place.
No I haven't tried the 2.0 trigger yet so I may not know what I'm talking about.
I also wonder about the recoil. My hands are a year from 70 years old and they have taken a lot of abuse over the years. My 40 S&W in a compact is about all I care to shoot regularly. So I wonder how a full size compares?

rosewood

I like the M&P's, got one and it's never jammed or had a ftf or fte, that's more than I can say for some others.... but what I don't like is the triggers. I would hate to buy a new S&W 10mm and find the trigger little better than what I've got now. I know about the apex triggers, I just don't feel I should spend the bucks for the new pistol, and maybe an optic, then spend another $100. or more to get a halfway decent trigger. It should come with one in the first place.
No I haven't tried the 2.0 trigger yet so I may not know what I'm talking about.
I also wonder about the recoil. My hands are a year from 70 years old and they have taken a lot of abuse over the years. My 40 S&W in a compact is about all I care to shoot regularly. So I wonder how a full size compares?

I have a Shield and a 5" 2.0 40 S&W and no doubt the triggers are very different. The 2.0 has a much shorter pull and lighter also. Much better for sure.

Rosewood