Safety harness looking for recommendations...

donj

Hey I am getting older and not as quick and agile as I used to be. Looking for the most comfortable and easy to use harness. What do you use???

shdw633

I use the Tree Spider harness pants and I LOVE them. You don't even realize you have a harness on.

shdw633

Thanks!! Will check them out!!

They aren't the cheapest but if you check around on the internet, especially Midway USA, you will catch them on sale and they are more reasonable in the pricing.

1982ace

I use hunter safety system ultra lite earlier in the season when it is hot, but have hss pro series later on because of the storage pockets are nice to have. I also highly recommend a lifeline to use in conjunction with the harness.

BowArrow

Met the BowTech rep. last year and while discussing bowhunting by an 81 year old, he ask about my safety harness. I was still using the old rope around the waist safety belt. Before we were through, he had talked me into a Hunter Safety System. I got the light weight vest and a lifeline rope for my four permanent stands. Great investment because I feel safe going up and coming down plus the vest does not interfere with my draw.

DSGB

I use the Hunter Safety System X-1 Bowhunter harness.

Triple C

I know several guys that have switched to rock climbing type harnesses where you attache the tether in front instead of the ones that are attached in the back. They claim they are much safer should you fall as you would naturally swing toward facing the tree instead of hanging suspended facing away from the tree.

Kris87

I've been wearing a rock climbing harness for 7 or 8 years. I'll never go back.

benellisbe

I only use a rock climbing harness and have for at least the last 5 years. I will never wear a vest style again. Very light and suspension trauma is harder in a proper fitting harness.

ASH556

benellisbe

I have a Black Diamond Alpine harness that I use. Extremely light weight and comfortable. you can get them on Amazon, REI, etc.

jwillban

Same here for the climbing harness. I've used a Petzl Corax for the past 4 years or so. I like it a lot more than the other full harnesses. I use that and the Rope Style tree strap from HSS and it's much more comfortable.