Saw this on FB. Thought it was inresting. Stone Arrowhead found in tree

Rick Alexander

Hey - back in my time (born in 58). We had a lot of cowboys and Indians shows on tv back then. Some kid finds an arrowhead and builds a real indian arrow and shoots it at his older brother with a homemade bow. Sounds like something my brother and I did on a weekly basis back then.

Stickers

1958? In Georgia? Seems like an odd thing to find.

Article on FB says NC not GA

And I’m not saying it’s right as of the year. I just thought it was interesting.
I did find other information on web that there were Indians there as a tribe (my understanding from it) in 1958

Seams they even had a run in with the KKK

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ishi was still making and using stone points up till 1911. Before that, there were a very few Plains Indians still holding on to the old ways that were making them. In the east, from the 1700s on, Indians were trading for iron weapons. They lost the art of flintknapping in less than one generation.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
1958? In Georgia? Seems like an odd thing to find.

Picture says Robbinsville. I don't know if they were still using stone points, but there were absolutely Cherokees still living off the land in the Snowbird mountains near Robbinsville in the 1950s. I know men that visited them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Picture says Robbinsville. I don't know if they were still using stone points, but there were absolutely Cherokees still living off the land in the Snowbird mountains near Robbinsville in the 1950s. I know men that visited them.
Still plenty out there now, too. Most of Little Snowbird is reservation land, with the road signs written in both English and Cherokee syllabary.

Tadder

I BELEAVE IF I'd had that happen too me . I'd go buy me a few LOTTO TICKETS and see if I could get Lucky there too.:LOL:(y) Thats a AWESOME FIND.

Wayne D Davis

That's an amazing find. What are the odds of finding inside a tree. And to have shaved close enough to see and not harm the point. This is really cool

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Boy that’s an old tree