Searching for all posts bby a forum member?

Adirondacker

Used to be you could click on members name and then a drop down would present you with the option to search for all posts by the user. It appears you can still do this to search for all threads started by a member but when I try to look for their posts I am instructed to use the Advanced Search. Have tried this any number of ways with no success. Can anyone help or advise?

Adirondacker

I have tried the same thing several times over the last 3 days or more. How long should I pace my patience muscle to hold out for? Are you saying this is a temporary issue?

shawn mills

I spoke with a friend today thats a moderator here and was advised that its been screwed up since they made some changes on the 15th. Theyre working on fixin it.:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Adirondacker

Thanks. Thought something mus t be temporarily messed up but after several days I started to wonder. tried to search to see if there was a post about it but....

GA1dad

Earlier today,,, it worked once,,,, and did not the other 3 times I tried it.

j_seph

I have tried the same thing several times over the last 3 days or more. How long should I pace my patience muscle to hold out for? Are you saying this is a temporary issue?
I'm just saying what Nicodemus told me:bounce:
It worked for me just now, thats how I got back to this thread

brandon

Administrator
Go to advanced search, put in their username, return results as posts (not threads) but limit the search period to a month or whatever. That has a better chance of succeeding.

(search is VERY resource intensive, so some search functions are disabled or crippled while we make some adjustments behind the scenes to keep everything running smoothly during the evening rush)

Adirondacker

Tried several times just now to search for posts by a user while limiting it to the last 2 wks and I just keep getting a blank white screen.

Will the old, non-advanced search, methods be making a return appearance at some point or will we always need to go through the advanced search?