Seminole Co. Ramblings

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Thanks. I`ll be another week or so before I can get down there. I figure there might be some specks to be caught.

Thread starter #22

Son

People i know are were doing good up river from trails end. Fishing where ever they find hycinths or log jams. Fishing straight down. But one fellow said, that's over until the river clears a bit.

Thread starter #23

Son

Must be a bass tournament on Lake Seminole tomorrow. Dozens of bass boats have fished past the dock this morning and more coming down the channel. Pine pollen covering the surface, so it's difficult to see. No bass beds in my dock area yet. It's hot today.

Thread starter #24

Son

Seminole remains high and stained. Saw lots of folks fishing today though. Cypress pond landing was full of parked rigs.

Thread starter #25

Son

Lakes back down some, clearing up a bit if you're out of the main lake and rivers. Caught a mess of fish off the new dock. Had em for supper with cheese grits, baked beans, hush puppies and sweet iced tea.

Thread starter #27

Son

Tournament fishermen showing up today to begin hunting big bass for an upcoming tournament. This means, the boat will be constantly rocking is i go speck or panfish fishing. Some of those bass boats cost as much as my house.

Thread starter #28

Son

Overcast and windy day with threatening clouds with showers kept me from going out on the boat. Wanting some fish, caught three nice bass off the dock on a Rapala. More than enough for the two of us. Had four more strikes, but they missed getting hooked.

Attachments

Thread starter #29

Son

Still enjoying the dock. Catching enough to satisfy our fish needs with warmouth, bream and shellcrackers. Have also hung into a couple huge bass, lost both in the bonnets, a stump or whatever is out there. Next time the boat is in the water, will check that spot out. Can't beat those warmouth perch for eating. A thick fish, and some are taking a 7 inch black plastic worm.

Attachments

Thread starter #30

Son

With recent and current rains, I've opted to stay off Lake Seminole and do some dock fishing. Not catching any limits off the dock, but am getting all we need for eating. Shellcrackers, bream and bass have been doing well up until this last week. Don't know if it's due to all the rain or what, but the bass bite has been off. Bream and shellcrackers have slowed down at the dock too. I'm right next to Cypress Pond. Bass pictured was caught off the dock last week. An 8 foot gator almost got it before i could net it. How close? Well, the gator knocked scales off one side right behind the gills. If this keeps on, gator control will be notified.

Attachments

twtabb

That’s a nice one Son. You must be fishing after those afternoon rains we been getting. It came a good one in Miller county today about 5:00.
Can’t stay ahead of the grass. It’s growing fast with all that rain.

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Nice fish, Son. We can`t even fish off our dock anymore because the hydrilla, lily pads, and coontail is so thick. 30 years ago we could swim around it. No more.

Buckman18

I’ve never fished or been on Seminole. I’d like to try it. I’m sure it’s a different universe than up here, but it’d be fun to see something different!