Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Haven't monitored the hydrilla lake lately. Lake Seminole. If you go fishing, you will mow your way to open water with your outboard. Hopefully cold weather will take a toll on that mess, The Corp wont do anything. Also hope the lake stays at a low level so the cold can kill some of those aquatic weeds. Bad part, dead weeds sink to bottom and rots. Not good for water quality, but that's how it goes.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is at a low level again. Come on freeze and kill this grass.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to be low. Ran the pontoon boat a bit today to keep the battery up, and mowed lots of aquatic weeds in front of the dock. Running the big motor at the dock while tied up blows lots of sediment out, maintaining some depth at the dock. Don't do that, and over the years, the boat would be sitting on mud.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Overcast with hopes of rain, but it isn't looking good. I'll water things just to be safe. Lake Seminole remains low.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Down to the dock today, lake Seminole remains low and the water looks murky. Not as clear as it usually is, probably because he water isn't moving much with it being so dry lately. Plus the air has been full of dust from farm harvesting. That dust settles on the waters surface at night with the dew. Eventually mixes in during the day if a breeze kicks up.

Attachments

• 0ct3rd.jpg
    0ct3rd.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 7

twtabb

Clear and low up the creek. Only saw a few air boats this weekend. Guess everyone is hunting in the woods.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole remains low, storm didn't do anything to recharge our swamps or ponds either. Cold is having an effect on the hydrilla, some is sinking. Need the water lower and a hard freeze to knock it down enough to help next summer.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Low water continues in Lake Seminole. Hope it gets lower in time for the first freeze. Nothing short of several herds of hippos will do much to that hydrilla. A freeze with low water conditions will beat chemicals anytime. Specks are biting. For you northerners, that's crappie.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The lake area had a good rain yesterday morning. And then it turned cold, 38 this morning in spots.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm hoping the freeze knocks all the vegetation down. It sure got my plants and fruit trees. Didn't hurt my greens here at the lake, but burned my greens garden at the hunt camp in Miller Co. The Corp is suppose to on the lake repairing channel markers, replacing buoys and removing trees from channels. I haven't seen them out doing anything yet. Believe they were suppose to begin Dec 8th. Bet they were not out during the freeze.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have my boats out of the water for a clean up, and to install a new fish finder on the toon. First sign of spring, the pontoon will be first to go back in and be parked at the dock.

Attachments

• boats.jpg
    boats.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 13

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Now it's time to think about fishing. Lets hope the freeze hammered the hydrilla and other aquatic weeds. I'll be fishing on Seminole weather permitting. I don't like to be on the water when it's cold, so it will be on nice blue bird days.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is up a bit today, Highest it's been in awhile. But still not at normal pool.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pontoon boat capsized in Lewis Pond while trying to replace buoys and channel post. Equipment used to drive post put too much weight on one side, wind blew the boat over. All rescued, no injuries. Corp contracting out channel clearing and buoy or pole replacement.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Noticed Lake Seminole in SW Georgia is up a bit more today, protecting those exotic weeds before the next cold snap shows up.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hard rain most of the day here at lake Seminole. Crimping my style, can't anything done outside, nor can a fellow fish in this weather.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Another rainy day, morning was the roughest. Haven't had a chance to check the lake. Another fishing day lost.

Bear10

Road up to my lease this weekend and there’s plenty of water in the woods and the flint river was high.