Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole was up a bit today, but wind kept folks off the lake.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is high again. Lady fisherperson was saying she was catching specks at Sealy's landing. Late evenings right out in front of the ramp and dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rough weather hit the lake Seminole area early this morning. Strong rains and high wind gust. Looks like it may be moving out by noon. Hope it took some of that pollen down.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
As usual, when it turns cold enough to hurt the aquatic weeds, the lake is at high level. Protect those weeds for the coots. The more areas we can't get a line in the water, the more fish it saves for the turtles, birds, gators etc.......lol

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole remains high, water probably in the fifties. Didn't see any fish hanging around the dock today, that's a sign of cold water temps.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rained on the Ga side of Lake Seminole today, Probably rained on the south side too. Was a good morning before the rain. Lake lever is about medium. Not high, not low.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Too darn windy for me today, but I did see a small boat go by with three guys in it. Sure didn't have much free board. Hope they make it back to the landing where they put in. Gust up to thirty MPH today on Seminole. It's the kind of day you don't want to be around any trees that look dead.

Bear10

Looks like it’s going to be windy through the weekend, the tournament fisherman will have a hard time if they are fishing bass beds.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Need something to slow them down, for several weeks now. It's been one bass boat after another fishing the docks. Bass can use a break. lol

twtabb

Sorry about your loquat tree. They do make some good jelly and my wife made some really good home made wine with them.
I have some frozen juice if you need some.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry about your loquat tree. They do make some good jelly and my wife made some really good home made wine with them.
I have some frozen juice if you need some.

Thanks, but I have two other trees, now trying to protect them. The birds have already gone to em.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
At the dock today, water temps must be warming up. Seeing fish at the dock, including some nice bass. Red wasp trying to take over the dock and the pontoon boat. WD-40 took care of them. Kills em dead immediately. Seminole is back to a normal low if that's what I can call it. Visited Pops on the Chattahoochee for the evening meal.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sure thought we were going to get some bad weather. Some wind and just enough rain to wet the pollen at lake Seminole.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
March 30th, Seminole is at the high water mark today. Goes up and down like a yo yo.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not much boat traffic on my end of the lake, but the parking lot was full of trucks and boat trailers at Trails End today. Looked to be mostly bass boats.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole was high today, at the bottom of the dock at Cypress pond. Up and down like a yo yo.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Down to the dock this evening to check on the boat. Saw a nice bass swim by, figured 5 to 6 pounds. Every now and then I will see one that goes 8 to 9 pounds. They must be educated because bass fishermen come by every day or so throwing artificials. Believe some bass learn and avoid what most are throwing. Don't know how the bass get by without being caught by gators, there's too many of those big lizards.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Out on Seminole this afternoon. Fished several good spots with worms and crickets. Never got a bite. The water is high, and stained out in the big lake. But it was a nice day to be out.