Sho nuff big rabbit hams

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Those are nice, they aint shot up bad at all......
Lol New Zealand’s get the karate chop

Now when the “runners” (San Juan’s) get run ready to train beagles on they’ll be some 20 gauge in some of those. This set right here is 6 weeks old and will hit the run pen on Monday to start stretching their legs. 4CFC37BF-A24F-4000-A65B-A632D9D05809.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I know that's gonna be good!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I know that's gonna be good!
It’s fantabulicious. First pot of rabbit stew for 22. My wife will eat this but when I make my goolosh stew she won’t touch it. Mixture of chicken, rabbit and squirrel with same vegetables, crushed red peeper and the special hickory taste comes from hickory smoked chicken necks in it. 7CB454E4-3F50-48AC-A303-7B79253FF84E.jpeg

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You sure that ain't kangaroo hams?
Lol New Zealand’s can get some big hams. Most are killed at 10 weeks for fryers, but to pack a little more meat in them for stews and dumplings we let some bucks grow to 6 months. Same with the meat chickens. We kill fryers at 8 weeks and ones for stews / dumplings grow to 13 weeks, we’ve found them to be too heavy for their legs at 14 weeks.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
It’s fantabulicious. First pot of rabbit stew for 22. My wife will eat this but when I make my goolosh stew she won’t touch it. Mixture of chicken, rabbit and squirrel with same vegetables, crushed red peeper and the special hickory taste comes from hickory smoked chicken necks in it. View attachment 1135424
My goodness I know that was /is good !

cramer

My ideal batch of Brunswick stew has smoked venison, pork, rabbit.& corn .

Usually we go with chicken instead of rabbit.