Shocked, Tiger's Wreck Caused by Speeding

BornToHuntAndFish

Tiger Woods’ crash was caused by excessive speed, LA sheriffs set to announce

On Wednesday, TMZ reported that it was told Woods waived his right to privacy and authorized the release of the accident report to the public.

TMZ also reported that police do not know if Woods was conscious at the time of the crash.

Wonder what he was running from, or running to, or late for something like a flight?

Wonder if he was conscious during his excessive speeding on a dangerous road well known for wrecks?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Wonder if he got any tickets? They could probably write a slew of them.

Sure wanted him to play in The Master's this year. Be cool if he got another win.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
But speed enforcement is just revenue gathering?
It's not revenue gathering when off duty LOE's are doing it. It's called a "perk" and when they get pulled over they use "Professional Courtesy" to not pay any revenue.

turkeykirk

Was he being chased by an angry woman?:biggrin2:

BornToHuntAndFish

Wonder if he was just going too fast? That's kinda possible

Heard some rumors about that. Reckon anything's possible.

Local tv news says he hit the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal.
Saw the results of someone making that same mistake making their car launch thru a parking spot in front of a store, over an iron rebar staked down 6-inch high, 6-foot wide concrete barrier & behind it was a tall 1-foot curb sidewalk, then thru 3-foot brick wall breaking huge glass windows mounted on top of the bricks, finally resting halfway into the store.

Twitter:

Tiger Woods
@TigerWoods

2:14 PM · April 7, 2021

EyY_fXKWgAUCvif

Last edited:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Read an article that said Tiger was not charged with anything because there were no witnesses.

How about:

Failure to maintain lane.
Excessive speed.
Hitting a fixed object(x several counts).
Crossing the yellow line.

I'm sure there are other charges that could have been used as well.

GeorgiaBob

Read an article that said Tiger was not charged with anything because there were no witnesses.

How about:
Failure to maintain lane.
Excessive speed.
Hitting a fixed object(x several counts).
Crossing the yellow line.

I'm sure there are other charges that could have been used as well.

I am not a "Tiger" fan. Never have been. And this incident has a lot of red flags from rich jerk speeding, to special considerations granted (rich privilege?).

But actually charging someone involved in a single car, property damage, no witnesses, accident is pretty rare. No matter what the car sensors indicate, beyond the overt evidence of the auto splattered on it's side many, many feet from where it left the road, there is simply no evidence to support that Tiger Woods knowingly took any intentional action that caused, or led to, the accident.

I hope the county does charge Tiger the costs for retrieving his busted up car, investigation costs, and penalties for the damages. That is something he should be liable for.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
But actually charging someone involved in a single car, property damage, no witnesses, accident is pretty rare.

Not in DeKalb County, Georgia.

The charges I gave examples of were either charged against me or friends of mine. We had a lot of one car wrecks back in the day(...oak tree you're in my way...).

killerv

they said he was running late, and berated the valet for taking too long for bringing his car around.

He had to be a video shoot for some golf channel mess with drew brees.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Lemme go dig up all those accolades right after the wreck.

dslc6487

Lot of ifs ands and buts. We will never know the whole truth about what caused his wreck. Just saying........