sit on top kayaks

DawgsAndHawgs33

i want to buy a sit on top kayak for fishing and there are so many out there and i have about 500 to spare has anyone heard of or used a cresent kayak splash 1 just want to know how stable they are or something of the sort info greatly apprecaited

DawgsAndHawgs33

thx i just dont wanna have to order one the shipping will kill me there are some local places that someof the other guys have posted but not sure what they were but i do thank u for the site there are some nice yaks but shipping is like another 100

TIGHTLINES44

No prob. I would like to get into kayak fishing too. I have a float tube that I used a lot in California, but everybody keeps telling me that the gators would gobble me up down here in Georgia, so I think the only place I'll use that tube is in the little golf course pond by my house where I know there's no gators. Anyways, good luck with your yak hunt! Keep them lines tight!

DawgsAndHawgs33

yea them gators are really bad in south georgia a guy here in my town went to ft benning and killed a 14 foot gater on the chattahoochee and brought it back here in the back of his truck thats one big joker and yes i will keep the lines tight for sure thx again

speechless33759

Go look at the forums on georgiakayakfishing.com. They have a lot of great deals on used kayaks there. You can almost walk away with a kayak, PFD, and a paddle for that price sometimes.

B

breampole

canoe

Dicks sporting Goods has a solo canoe that people rave over. Its an Old Town 119 under the name Guide. Comes in Camo. color. It is lighter than most kayaks and sells for around $500.00 Go to georgiariverfishing.com and search
those two names. I think you would like it as well or better than a kayak for the money. It will hold more gear and you can do a seat modification that enables you to put a swivel seat in it. There are lots of pictures of these modifications. You also if you are patient see these used for around $300.00. It is a very durable and good fishig boat. The north Ga boys use it in the shoals. I have a kayak and that canoe is my next boat. The seat is near the middle and it paddles with a Kayak paddle.

Randy

The OT Guide 119 is indeed a great canoe for the money. I have a few of our Pack canoes which are about the same boat but with a royalex (much tougher) hull. It has it benefits but still if I had to choose between then, the SOT kayak is more versatile.

crackerdave

If you ever try a sit-on-top kayak,you'll love it! Canoes are OK, but much easier to turn over. I have a Mainstream "Kingfish" that I really like,and it's in your price range.Problem is - I don't think they're made anymore.
If you're near a BassPro,they have a fairly good selection. Send Randy a pm for some good info on Ocean Kayak brand boats.

walkinboss01

I bought a mad river sit on top a last year at REI during one of there 20% off sales. I got it for around $500, and I really like it.

DawgsAndHawgs33

called today the outside world told me 750 for the mad river adventure 14 ,pfd and paddle if u dont think thats a good deal plz say so cause im wondering if they are trying to ream me a new one lol

DEERFU

Sounds about right to me for a new boat. Dick's has them online for 649 and free shipping but they aint gonna throw in the paddle and pfd. I dont think OW would give you a junky one either. I bought a boat from them last summer.

DEERFU

I also took the advice of fellow members here and bought an sot. I absolutely love it! That being said, I already had an older canoe.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
called today the outside world told me 750 for the mad river adventure 14 ,pfd and paddle if u dont think thats a good deal plz say so cause im wondering if they are trying to ream me a new one lol

let me tell you, they are NOT gonna try to ream you. they bent over backwards for me today when i bought my new boat and i was so pleased with their service i will be getting my wifes upgrade from them !!!

pbplayer1

I bought a Pelican 10' Kayak sometime last year for a little over 300 I think it was. Very nice and stable, definitely worth the money.