SLOW night jugging on Oconee.

Arrow3

We jugged all night and only caught 7 catfish....I just walked in the door....I didn't even take a picture of the fish....biggest one was only about 2 lbs....We still had a good time though talking and cutting up....Hope we have better luck next time...We did see an unbelieveable mayfly hatch...I took some pictures and I will post them this afternoon after some sleep.

Nugefan

Catching no fish does make for a long night....:cry:

I met Jody 1 time so I'll bet ya'll did have a good time cuttin' up.....:yeah:

thats the best part huh ......:cheers:

TRC

You have to understand that the fish on Oconee are still in shock from dealing with the 1000's of Deck Boats and Jet Ski's they had to endure over this past weekend through the 4th.

Tom

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Did you try any liva?:cool:

Jody Hawk

Yeah, I was disappointed, I was expecting a better night. The night started out bad when we couldn't catch any shad. We baited up with some frozen shad that I had but those ain't the same as fresh ones. The wind was also a problem, those noodles were moving going across the water. We would throw out our jugs and within minutes they had blown all into the bank. I got a mess to eat out of it though. All of those cats were full of mayflies when I cleaned them.

LJay

Retired Mod
Boy Jody, we didn't sleep long did we? I figure every thing in the lake was full of mayflies. Never saw nothing like it before.

Me and Jody tried to stop Brandon from tieing them rattle traps on the jugs. He just wouldn't listen.:rofl: :rofl:

WOODIE13

They were thick when we were out there too. Did you fish shallow? Many of the fish have eggs? Our's did.

Arrow3

Here is a pic of the mayflys...Its not the best in the world but y'all can get the idea....This wasn't by far the biggest swarm of them.

Attachments

• DSCI0022 (635 x 476).jpg
    DSCI0022 (635 x 476).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 254

WOODIE13

They must have had a serious hatch since we were there:hair:

Jody Hawk

Arrow3 said:
Here is a pic of the mayflys...Its not the best in the world but y'all can get the idea....This wasn't by far the biggest swarm of them.

I still say they were killer bees. :hair:

Arrow3

They might have been....Ive never seen anything like that in my life...:eek:

LJay

Retired Mod
They were killers what ever they were. I'm still finding them in my stuff. Jody won't ever get them all out of his boat.

Arrow3

LJay said:
They were killers what ever they were. I'm still finding them in my stuff. Jody won't ever get them all out of his boat.

Those suckers were crawling out of my minnow bucket a few minutes ago...:rofl:

kevincox

Jody, Sorry to hear it was slow. If you want to catch a big flathead you know Im the good luck charm! Or was it SS? Oh well , it was somebody!:D

Arrow3

Jody Hawk said:
It's fine Larry, got a little blister that's all. :D Just so y'all know, the top of them Coleman lanterns is HOT !!!!!!:hair:

If you hadn't jumped in the lake up to your belly button you wouldn't have been cold....:whip: :whip: :rofl: :rofl:

Arrow3

Networker said:
What part of the lake were you two fishing?

We put in at Swords and fished jugs pretty much to the I-20 bridge.