SoDak 2022

ddavis1120

Everything is lined up but the plane ticket. Can't wait. Just never know what South Dakota is going to be throw at you. The last day of last year's hunt, the wind was gusting north of 50 miles per hour (sustained gust more or less ;-)).

Gator89

Everything is lined up but the plane ticket. Can't wait. Just never know what South Dakota is going to be throw at you. The last day of last year's hunt, the wind was gusting north of 50 miles per hour (sustained gust more or less ;-)).

Sounds like my last day last year, stiff gale out of the due north.

spencer12

We went mule deer hunting in Nebraska last year all public. We saw a fair amount of pheasant while we were out. I’m going to take my new little girl with us this year (German shorthaired) and see how she does, she’ll have plenty of room to run at least. I’ve been wanting to get into the dakotas. Good luck this fall.

Fishin & Hunting

Got a December trip planned for SD this year.

Stonewall 2

Plane tickets bought
Motel rooms booked
Last day hunt booked at Broken Arrow Farms

2.5 months to wait out.
How much were the plane tickets? I backed out this year due to inflation and concers About my business in the new Biden econom.

Gator89

How much were the plane tickets? I backed out this year due to inflation and concers About my business in the new Biden econom.

Just under $600 round trip, non stop both ways. Of course baggage fees will have to be added later.

FOLES55

I’m going to land there in just a couple weeks to kick off the season! Can’t wait and ready to hear those roosters again!

Gator89

I spoke with a friend in SoDak. She said the hatch was good and they had received timely rain this year. Sounds encouraging.

Nimrod71

I have always driven up due to all the gear I take, everything but the kitchen sink. I learned this lesson on my first trip. I called my friend that lives their and he told me the temp was running in the 50's and they were hunting in vest and shirt. With that I load up light hunting gear. When I got there 2 days later it was in the 40's with lite rain. By 8 p.m. it was 25 and snowinthe g. When I got up the next day, Monday, it was 10 and snowing, with 8 inches on the ground. That was the high for the we. We hunted in snow and wind for 3 days and since I didn't take a boot dryer and only had one pair with me last 3 days were spent riding around and shooting birds on the road.

The weather can change so fast up there I advise everyone to take for lite weather and for blizzard hunting.

I wish everyone good luck and a great hunting trip.