Something else out there to watch out for beside a snake. A deep subject.

specialk

invited to a deer lease outside greenville ga yrs ago...ran up on one right on the prop line....got my dogs away from it and got some of the members over there, said they never knew it was there....one of them had set up a turkey blind near there several times in the dark and never knew it....

BriarPatch99

I have dug the bottom of a 25 foot well ... that little round slice of the sky looks pretty small from there ... couldn't imagine a real deep one ...

This was brick cased to about 18' with steps layed in the casing .... Pretty good "bell" ...enough to get out the way if something fell or broke...

My helper and I used a PTO powered pulp wood wagon winch/boom to lower/lift the other out along with the buckets of mud ...

I don't have a schedule d time to go back in one anytime soon...

Seminole Wind

I used to bowhunt on property just north of the park and found an old well just like this one. We wrapped it with orange tape.

Mike 65

I know of 3 on our lease. We are all aware of them as well as the owner.
If You find one never cover it with wood. Mark it or barricade it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I haven’t found a well, but I’ve found a few holes that look like giant stump holes. Maybe from the lighternot center of a pine burning away. I mean big holes that were well over 6-8’ deep. Can’t imagine falling in a well.

westcobbdog

Discovered an uncovered well at my lease metal detecting last spring, we have since covered it and flagged it. It was beautifully lined with glazed brick tiles and still had hand cut holes to enter and exit. There are other homesites nearby ( topozone ) but I think those wells were long ago filled in or perhaps they shared this same well.

Bananaslug22

Discovered an uncovered well at my lease metal detecting last spring, we have since covered it and flagged it. It was beautifully lined with glazed brick tiles and still had hand cut holes to enter and exit. There are other homesites nearby ( topozone ) but I think those wells were long ago filled in or perhaps they shared this same well.

Need any help metal detecting?

Hillbilly stalker

Some of those old wells y’all are seeing are likely old outhouses . People like to check them for old “ Poison “ bottles people threw away in them.