Something I've never seen

hunter84

My last evening hunt a few days ago I had an encounter I've never seen before l was hunting on a finger at the end of a ridge about halfway down and about 4:45 pm I heard something coming down the ridge I looked up and saw a nice size doe so I grab my bow and got ready she was trotting then and as she got closer she stopped and looked back so I figured something was following her and sure enough here came another deer I'm pretty sure it was a doe but she was in some thick stuff at first they acted like something was chasing them .then first one came down the finger but at an angle away from me and there was too many scrubs bushes to get a clear shot when she got even with me to my left she stopped the only part I could see was her back two legs sticking out past a tree the other deer stopped in front of me about 50 yards but I could see her moving watching the one that was beside me. now this is where it got weird the doe to my left stood there with her tail tucked down a didn't move for a solid 45 minutes I mean she didn't even flinch ,no tail movement I could see enough of her that if she moved her heard I could have seen her body move but nothing I mean not a flinch the other one in front of me was eating moving its ears flicking its tail finally the one to my left walked off very slowly the one in front slipped off wile I was watching the one to my left where I hunt its bow only so at first I thought she had been shot I was waiting for her to fall over or lay down but she just stood there when I got down I walked over to see if I could see any blood but saw nothing I mean I've seen deer stand very still but they always seem to flick an ear or tail or something but this one didn't I meant stood their like stone . Has anyone ever seen this before.

Hunter922

- Maybe the second deer was a button head pursuing the first.
- IF both were does they could have been chased by a buck or pushed by a yote..

This time of year does have been harassed and chased for a month or so so yes I've seen them stand still for quite some time a little unsure as to which way to go and how fast to get there.

Sixes

She probably smelled you or something that she didn't like and instinct told her to stay still.

I watched a buck coming in one time that caught my wind on one of those days when the air is dead and the thermals were barley moving the air in what seemed like every direction. He locked down and didn't move for a long long time, he waited until dark and then I heard him slip back from the direction he came

jbogg

I had a doe stare a hole threw me for 20 minutes straight while bow hunting in October. She was 40 yds uphill from me. Didn’t bob her head, or stomp a foot. Like a statue for 20 minutes. I heard another deer jump the creek behind me and start slowly feeding towards me, but I was scared to turn around for fear of spooking the doe and blowing both deer out.

After a few minutes I slowly turned my head to see a nice 7 pt inside of 15 yds. I knew he was about to get downwind, and sure enough he did a 180 and bounded 20 yds back into the privet along the creek where he also stood unmoving for almost 20 mins until it was to dark to shoot. I finally remembered the doe up the hill and she was now bedded, but still looking right at me. Once the buck finally crossed back over the creek and eased off I started to pack my gear to climb down, and only then did the doe stand up and slowly walk away.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My last evening hunt a few days ago I had an encounter I've never seen before l was hunting on a finger at the end of a ridge about halfway down and about 4:45 pm I heard something coming down the ridge I looked up and saw a nice size doe so I grab my bow and got ready she was trotting then and as she got closer she stopped and looked back so I figured something was following her and sure enough here came another deer I'm pretty sure it was a doe but she was in some thick stuff at first they acted like something was chasing them .then first one came down the finger but at an angle away from me and there was too many scrubs bushes to get a clear shot when she got even with me to my left she stopped the only part I could see was her back two legs sticking out past a tree the other deer stopped in front of me about 50 yards but I could see her moving watching the one that was beside me. now this is where it got weird the doe to my left stood there with her tail tucked down a didn't move for a solid 45 minutes I mean she didn't even flinch ,no tail movement I could see enough of her that if she moved her heard I could have seen her body move but nothing I mean not a flinch the other one in front of me was eating moving its ears flicking its tail finally the one to my left walked off very slowly the one in front slipped off wile I was watching the one to my left where I hunt its bow only so at first I thought she had been shot I was waiting for her to fall over or lay down but she just stood there when I got down I walked over to see if I could see any blood but saw nothing I mean I've seen deer stand very still but they always seem to flick an ear or tail or something but this one didn't I meant stood their like stone . Has anyone ever seen this before.
YASSS! I did back in November. I hunted a ridge top in my saddle and got busted from a deer that was down below. The next morning I went down where she was and climbed a tree there. Looking back and up at the tree I was in, I must’ve stuck out like a sore thumb. A doe came right up beside me at maybe 15 yards and watched that tree I was in the day before for 45 minutes, ez! Her only movement was a slight foot shift so she could be comfy standing still so long! It was incredible! There was a tree with lots of small branches between us or I would have slung a stick at her for sure! I’ve heard many times of a buck coming to the edge of a plot and stay there for very long periods of time…..Turkeys too!