She’s done it again(just got scoring done in Tifton)

arrendale8105

I don’t even tote a gun to the woods anymore lol.

This buck was dogging a doe this morning from 6:45 until we could see him good enough to see what he was. Never had him on camera prior this year either. At first I thought it was a young 2.5 year old 10 that I had tons of pics from in this food plot that we decided we’d were gonna pass this year but nope. Not him. As soon as I could make out his body I knew he was a shooter and told her to get ready. He ran the doe off into a clearcut and she was upset we “lost” him but I kept assuring her they’d probably be back. Sure enough the doe shot out straight across the foodplot from the clear cut and about 30 seconds later he was right behind. I asked if she was on him him and she said “yes sssssssssiiiiir”. I told her to shoot when she was ready and “BANG”. I knew he was hit as he tore out of the food plot. When we got down we didn’t find any blood at the hit site and she got worried but I told her I knew she hit him. Sure enough we found him not 50 yards away in the direction he tore out.

Shot at only 40 yards and bullet didn’t exit but it was the Hornady .243 light recoil youth loads. Got a complete pass through on her first buck with the same bullets and she shot that one at right at 100 yards so who knows. She doesn’t need those anymore so we’ll move on up

She’s still shaking now and I’m still not calmed down myself.
19 7/8 wide and 212 lbs 4.5 years old. One proud daddy here!IMG_4363.pngIMG_4355.jpegIMG_4347.jpegIMG_4356.jpeg

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats all around on a great buck !!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That’s just awesome! Hope you don’t mind I enlarged your pictures.