Spypoint micro link first impressions

splatek

UAEC
I knew I had sketchy cam pictures when is pull the card and have deer, but no deer were transmitted... But today, I was sitting on the blind and saw 13 turkeys, five to six deer, came to eat afterward and checked the transmission and nothing. There is one squirrel and then me looking for my crossbow bolt.

I'm going to habe to call them,
I'm glad you have the cameras because when they do transit, it's great to be able to ninety minutes from the lease and see life, but I'm just not at all convinced they do it.. Maybe it's where I have them, but I've always got signal.
Just my two cents

Bubba_1122

Had mine quit transmitting a couple of times this week. Before today they've just started back (but nothing on mine this time but the error message for the past day or so). Phone showed an "error 401" message when I'd try to look at pics.

Guess I'll try to call them too.

Killdee

Yes they have something amiss, several guys on a FB page I’m on mentioned the same thing. Mine stopped Sunday I think. I went out and filled a feeder and swapped the card and batteries and thought that was the issue but it appears to be Spypoint.

RipperIII

Yes they have something amiss, several guys on a FB page I’m on mentioned the same thing. Mine stopped Sunday I think. I went out and filled a feeder and swapped the card and batteries and thought that was the issue but it appears to be Spypoint.

I "tested" mine in my backyard for a week or so, figured out the best settings, then as the instructions suggest, I formatted the card, updated the firmware, put in fresh batteries and took it to the woods.
got it placed with good signal and returned home (1.5 hrs away).
Has not transmitted a single picture, settings show good signal, 100% battery...and no transmissions since last Tuesday.
customer service said the card was bad and not copying the pictures...
i'll give it one more chance...question, should I replace the card with a "new" unformatted card, or format the new card and try that?

glynr329

Sometimes you have to log out and log back in. Also I make sure I have good WIFI connection. I am getting plenty of pictures every day on 2 cameras.

Killdee

Mine was working fine till Sunday. Guess I’ll run over take a look. Mine is the link dark number 2. Number 1 stopped after 6-7 month. Took me 2 more months to convince them it was bad. This unit has only been out about a month.

splatek

UAEC
Wanted to update my review of the SpyPoint micro: I put in new batteries the other day and made sure the signal was good after not receiving an image for two hole days. Now you might say, maybe nothing came by, but NO WAY there wasn't a 'coon or squirrel on there; I have had those on literally every night since I put it up. Went in yesterday to check to make sure the camera was still there and find out what's up.
Yep, still there.
Yep, apparently still operating, according to the green light. So I hard pull the card and put in a new card then go sit in my blind and what I found was disturbing. Not because of the content, that was sweet (see below) but because not a single one of these picture, nor the dozens others were sent to me. It seems that my spypoint micro does not like to send pictures of deer, especially bucks.
I hunt in South GA and Live up in Gwinnett... so the appeal here is big, but to find that it's not sending what I want, need... I ask myself what in the world am I paying for?

IMG_0875.PNG
IMG_0876.PNG

Not exactly sure what's going on here, we think this might be an older buck with an injury or poor nutrition.

IMG_0893.jpg
IMG_0901.PNG

IMG_0902.PNG
IMG_0903.PNG
IMG_0904.PNG

taymas

I hear you. I have the cam set to take a pic at transfer times. Those times go by without sending anything. I know it’s operational because it shows last communication times and they are updated. Little concerning that it won’t even send those pics so I am wondering if I have some that were not sent.

shdw633

I hear you. I have the cam set to take a pic at transfer times. Those times go by without sending anything. I know it’s operational because it shows last communication times and they are updated. Little concerning that it won’t even send those pics so I am wondering if I have some that were not sent.

Make sure your app on your phone is updated as well, not just the camera.