Sugar Bowl

SpotandStalk

I do. CKS is always about winning your spot this week. Nobody on the team has a title deed to their position and you have to earn it every week. If he didn't think they earned it for whatever reason then they sit on the bench and whoever wants it the most gets to play. He needs to nip this entitlement mentality in the bud. Fields and Baker are poison.

It's hard to nip that mentality in the bud when you're catering to poisonous players.

riprap

Saban has the titles so he can do and talk to the players any way he wants. Kirby has to pat them on the head and lead them to the sidelines so he can keep getting the 5 stars until or if he wins a title. You have to keep treating them special or you will lose them. You need them more than they need you right now and they know it. Start acting like Paul Johnson with one conference title and you'll get Paul Johnson players and results.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It's hard to nip that mentality in the bud when you're catering to poisonous players.

If elfiii is the coach poisonous players get shown the door quickly and it is explained to the rest of the team the reason you are here on scholarship is because you made a commitment and if you don't honor that commitment you're outta here too and I'll find another 5* to replace you that's itching to get playing time on a team that's headed to an NC.

You only need to make a couple of examples and things smooth out. It's not the prima donnas that are the problem. It's all the future recruits looking at your school and thinking I don't want to play there because the guys headed to the Not For Long will screw over the rest of the team as long as they get theirs and CKS does nothing about it. Only you'll never hear about it. They will just commit somewhere else.

I'll bet Saban didn't put up with that crap at LSU and he sure doesn't put up with it at Bama. He's got the depth to just plug another guy in if you don't want to play his way.

I noticed there were a couple of other kids that sat out their bowl game because they don't want to "get hurt" and screw up their Not For Long cha ching. Look for this to become a regular thing as the shyster lawyers and agents get their hooks in even deeper. Pretty soon bowl games will be played by the Freshman teams because everybody on the varsity squad is taking a powder.

riprap

These players leaving for the draft would be sitting out at bama in a lower bowl as well if they weren't playing for NC's every year. Players don't go to bama to win for a bunch of rednecks, they go for national exposure and NFL ?.

treemanjohn

Banned
Good yes elite no

You can't run your program loaded with 5 start athletes and garnering all the recruiting day news. I would rather have a team of good players that are coachable with the right attitudes than a team of individual Superstars

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good yes elite no

You can't run your program loaded with 5 start athletes and garnering all the recruiting day news. I would rather have a team of good players that are coachable with the right attitudes than a team of individual Superstars

Give the man a chance. He is just now playing with people he recruited, and a great deal of them are freshmen. I will take where he has brought Georgia in three short years any time. Saban did not win one for a while after he started. Saying he cant run a program is asinine. Let him quit tomorrow and see how many schools will be lining up to get him. GT would die to have a coach of his caliber.

DAWG1419

Good yes elite no

Well y’all know nothing about good players so there’s that.::ke:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
And thus the reason Tech is what they are and will continue to be :)

That's cute. If you really believe that you don't know squat about the business of college football.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Here are a few different angles of Bevo vs. Uga. Closer than I thought from the first video. Coulda been bad.

cramer

If elfiii is the coach poisonous players get shown the door quickly and it is explained to the rest of the team the reason you are here on scholarship is because you made a commitment and if you don't honor that commitment you're outta here too and I'll find another 5* to replace you that's itching to get playing time on a team that's headed to an NC.

I noticed there were a couple of other kids that sat out their bowl game because they don't want to "get hurt" and screw up their Not For Long cha ching. Look for this to become a regular thing as the shyster lawyers and agents get their hooks in even deeper. Pretty soon bowl games will be played by the Freshman teams because everybody on the varsity squad is taking a powder.

Agreed.
You would think an athlete with pro aspirations would want to play their best on a national stage.
Send them home to take selfies and play video games.