Sugar Bowl

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Go dawgs on a 2 game losing streak

brownceluse

Yep. I'm about half asleep. Up until that point it appeared Kirby had changed things in Athens. Hopefully he has
Time is the only judge. But I think he has. He and Richt spent a lot of time with very successful head coaches before becoming head coaches. But Bowden and Saban are two completely different coaches but from different eras. I think next year will tell us a lot more and then year after even more. Next year Dmart has his first senior class take the field. No more Richt players left. This years senior class signed 30 and only 4 of those players played in the Sugar bowl. I think there was only 7 or 8 of that class even left on the team. It was the last Richt class. That’s not good as far upperclassmen from a leadership stand point.

00Beau

No one sees the truth, GEEZ, Mel Tucker was the Defensive genius at UGA. Kirby showed he knows nothing about defense, he rode Sabans coat tails. ;)

DSGB

Only comparison we can look at is the first three years for Saban and Smart. Let’s look at a few other successful coaches as well.
Interesting. Top 4 current coaches who have won a National Championships. Record first 3 years as a HC - Dabo Swinney 25-16 - Jimbo Fisher 30-10 - Urban Meyer 27-8 - Nick Saban 21-13-1 None won a natty during their first 3 years. Kirby Smart 32-9
So, let’s just keep it real if we can. Only legitimate way is to compare is the first 3. Kirby is doing just fine. Spin it, shake it, blend it, stir it or do whatever you so desire but nothing to be concerned about up to this point. Go Dawgs

Saban coached Alabama teams also lost their first THREE Sugar Bowls before finally winning on the FOURTH try.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Back away from the keyboard.......?

No. Let him keep going. He may have brought this thread back to life. I just don't know if he can keep it up for 8.5 months. The off season is a marathon, not a sprint and he sounds like a no go showboat sprinter. :bounce:

BamaGeorgialine

I knew you were not a fan. You just seem to have an unnatural concern with them. Personally I would get zero entertainment going on another State's Forum thread and spend all my post criticizing, the fans of their favorite team. Takes all kinds though.
You can pull up any thread on here and at some point either Bama or Saban is brought up by a UGA fan

BamaGeorgialine

It strikes me quite frequently that as we dawg fans love our team, win or lose, live and die with them , fans of some our rivals seem to be there with us? They seem to know more about our team than we do and always seem to be on here giving their take on our dawgs.
Astounding!!
Neither you nor I know as much as we think we do about our favorite team. What goes on behind closed doors, what the media and fan base is told, what recruits are told, is only a fraction of what the general public is told. I know a few things only because I happen to work with a couple of guys and what really goes on is quite funny to what we hear. One has a son that's a defensive back right now at Clemson. A really good friend of mine has a brother that was the offensive line coach at GT up until a week ago. He gone and Paul Johnson WALKED away on his OWN TERMS. At least that's what the AD told all the listeners on the radio that day

brownceluse

Neither you nor I know as much as we think we do about our favorite team. What goes on behind closed doors, what the media and fan base is told, what recruits are told, is only a fraction of what the general public is told. I know a few things only because I happen to work with a couple of guys and what really goes on is quite funny to what we hear. One has a son that's a defensive back right now at Clemson. A really good friend of mine has a brother that was the offensive line coach at GT up until a week ago. He gone and Paul Johnson WALKED away on his OWN TERMS. At least that's what the AD told all the listeners on the radio that day
I know the punter at Wisconsin. Does that count?

BamaGeorgialine

Only comparison we can look at is the first three years for Saban and Smart. Let’s look at a few other successful coaches as well.
Interesting. Top 4 current coaches who have won a National Championships. Record first 3 years as a HC - Dabo Swinney 25-16 - Jimbo Fisher 30-10 - Urban Meyer 27-8 - Nick Saban 21-13-1 None won a natty during their first 3 years. Kirby Smart 32-9
So, let’s just keep it real if we can. Only legitimate way is to compare is the first 3. Kirby is doing just fine. Spin it, shake it, blend it, stir it or do whatever you so desire but nothing to be concerned about up to this point. Go Dawgs
So we agree then. Kirby is a GOOD coach

brownceluse

If you want it to. I'm not pretending to know more than anyone else. I just know what they've told me. I'm sticking to my day job
Nope. You’ve got the inside skinny all the rest of us are on the outside looking in. Please educate the forum more with your deep inside knowledge of all things college football.

BamaGeorgialine

Nope. You’ve got the inside skinny all the rest of us are on the outside looking in. Please educate the forum more with your deep inside knowledge of all things college football.
I wish that I had some Big Dawg. I'd certainly do that for you guys. The GT connection is no more. Wasn't much to talk about there anyway

brownceluse

I wish that I had some Big Dawg. I'd certainly do that for you guys. The GT connection is no more. Wasn't much to talk about there anyway
I’ve been on a few recruiting visits the last couple years. My son trained with a a few of Archer recruits the last 4 or 5 years. My sons trainer worked individually with several UGA players during the last few years of the Richt era. Mostly rehab work when they had significant injuries. I remember watching Kyle Davis and talking with him knowing the entire time he was trouble. He was also lazy. Wasn’t surprised at all when he got kicked off the team at Auburn.