Suggestions for the person (s) that tell you that in a Christian context their life is suddenly completely changed?

gordon 2

What is being suggested to people now that have had a "spiritual experience" or a "personal revelation" in the Christian context where they know they are not the same due to the experience?

30 yrs ago, people were suggesting going to specific bible sections like Matthew 5, 6, 7 and perhaps as follow up one of the gospels or the Acts. What is being suggested today? Same? different? What do you do or what does your church do?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
From what I’ve seen there’s absolutely something very noticeably different, and for the better - no denying that.

The problem today seems to evolve around they’ve suddenly been “enlightened” and are telling pastors, elders, etc., where they should go - biblically.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
From what I’ve seen there’s absolutely something very noticeably different, and for the better - no denying that.

The problem today seems to evolve around they’ve suddenly been “enlightened” and are telling pastors, elders, etc., where they should go - biblically.
Agreed, the times that I've been told of enlightenment by rejuvenated Christians I only took seriously when the person displayed a newfound humility that they didn't express before.

gordon 2

I'm not sure I fully understand your question... Are you asking what the next steps are for a person who just found God?

Yes exactly or a person that has a personal experience that changes them from the spiritual person they were previously. For example: Someone, a Christian, who gets drawn "into the glory" and things are just not the same anymore. They are Christian still but their whole outlook has changed to the point that when they read scripture for example what it meant before the experience has a different meaning now or their understanding has changed.... etc.

Last edited: