Sunday Night Supper! What Y'all Having?

Big7

The Oracle
Went over to the X's house to see the Granddaughters before they have to go back to baby- mama's.

X fixed Spaghetti. She's an upstate New York Yankee and ain't the greatest cook but her Spaghetti is really good. Homemade meatballs and sauce cooks a half a day.

And... Her homemade Macaroni and Cheese is the best that's ever been. I will give her that.
She uses shells, not elbows, a real white sauce and the not at all cheap extra sharp white cheese. It's off the chain.

20230827_172544.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Spaghetti and wings looks good ! We had dinner at my parents for my dad’s 71 birthday . About all special occasions we have fried wild turkey ! My daughter made cupcakes and another dessert . Was a great afternoon IMG_3620.jpeg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313

georgia_home

Went out to one of those Korean joints where you cook your own.

they had 12 different meat/types/spice selections . Ask, they bring a bowl, and get more. When ready. I think we did 15 orders. The orders vary from small to 1/2lb. Beef tongue sliced super thin was good! Brisket, pork belly, 3 kinds of chicken, shrimp… woof.

good company too. Met my buddy just about 33 years ago. My family and his son were here too! Good night out with friends is a blessing

this is just some of the stuff as we were finishing up. We used 2 burners

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 17

JDBrown

I'd give this 3 likes if you hadn't heated the kraut, used to eat it right out of my MaMa's fermint'n jar.
I like it straight out of the jar too, sometimes I heat it, don't really know why I heated it yesterday, it was surely warm enough right out of the jar :biggrin3:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Grandmother used a milk churn but I still remember it- 50 or so years later.
Mine looked like a clay milk churn, but the (heavy) "lid" would fit down inside to keep pressure on the cabbage, cukes, whatever she was fermint'n so it stayed under the liquid and she could "scrape the scum off the top" without messing with the veggies.

Big7

The Oracle
Mine looked like a clay milk churn, but the (heavy) "lid" would fit down inside to keep pressure on the cabbage, cukes, whatever she was fermint'n so it stayed under the liquid and she could "scrape the scum off the top" without messing with the veggies.
I don't remember that much detail of the process but I do remember the milk churn. Later in life, it became a vessel for Daddy's fine Wild Cherry Wine and Scuppernong Wine he would run in the cool crawlspace of our first home covered only by cheesecloth and wrapped with string at the neck. IDK whatever happened to that churn. There was so much stuff like that around my Grandparents farm, I guess there wasn't much sentimental value to it. Just tools. Kinda' like us having store bought ladders and chain saws.

Latest posts