Team #5- Snood Snipers

BOWROD

Nice double beard ..Mr Phil ..!!! I called in a nice two yr old for a friend this a.m. got in there early heard him drumming before he even gobbled...was shocked we set up within 50 yds of him and he still tore it up ..!! Seems to be slowing down by the number of birds I'm hearing ...?

Attachments

• ashleys.jpg
    ashleys.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

CassGA

Another great bird Phil! I hunted 5 days straight and still cannot seem to make it all come together. Im trying not to let you guys down, but seems like I'm cursed. Birds just arent acting like they usually do on our property and everyone in our club that usually has a couple down by now are struggling. Anyway, I'm not giving up, I'll stick with it until the season ends.

I did help with a little turkey conservation saturday afternoon. Saw this one cross the gas line about 150 yards down. Moved back over the hill and started squealing on a diaphram. Less than one minute later heard foot steps slipping through the woods. This young male stepped out onto the gas line at 15 yards and got a 3 1/2" to the face.

Attachments

• 0414121903.jpg
    0414121903.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 190

Maduro on Point

Good going guys..spent three days in the woods and it is dead! Had a few early morning gobbles on the property next to ours but after 8am not a peep! Going to get back on them Friday..good luck and nice birds!

hunterboy96

Great bird Phil, I had some gobbling this past weekend but just didn't feel like coming across the creek. Be back in the woods this Saturday, good luck guys.

Maduro on Point

Heading back out in the morning. Hopefully can tag one I have been messing with for the last week. Hens on nest found two with 9 eggs and the old boy is hanging tight..Good Luck guys time to post a big number I hope!

BOWROD

Glad yall boyz are still after them ..!!!! I took a big break but will be headed. Back to lee cnty Alabama for the last weekend over there ..been hearing there's a lot of lonely toms in the fields now ...maybe I can squeak out 1
More ..??

CassGA

It was completely dead at my lease last weekend. Three of us in camp, and no one heard a single gobble all weekend. I cant seem to shake this curse! Got something to do Saturday, so Im taking a short break from the woods, but not for long.

CassGA

Anyone have any luck this past weekend? I took the weekend off from hunting this past weekend, but I did get a promising report from the few guys that were in camp. No birds were killed, but multiple birds were heard on the property Saturday morning, which is a good sign since the weekend before not a single bird was heard. I'll be back after them next weekend.

CassGA

Well, better late than never. Got a 6 pt bird this morning. Ill post it up in the week 7 kill thread.

Attachments

• challenge1.jpg
    challenge1.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 127
  • challenge2.jpg
    challenge2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 122
  • challenge3.jpg
    challenge3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 125
  • challenge4.jpg
    challenge4.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 123

BOWROD

Way to not give up .!!!!! congrats....!!!! Nice bird ..yall keep after them we need all we can get ..!!//

Maduro on Point

OUTSTANDING BIRD CASS.... Going to try and end with a Bang!

Maduro on Point

Sorry guys could not get it done yesterday..Got on a couple but none would close the distance.. End to a tough season.. One gobbler and one jake...Sorry I did not come up with more pointed birds

BOWROD

Don't sweat it maduro...!!! We all have good and bad seasons ...atleast we all got one ..!! Enjoyed it fellas ...////

CassGA

Yessir, I enjoyed teaming up with you guys this season. I was hoping to contribute a little more, but it wasnt for lack of effort. Everyone contributed, stuck with it til the end, and hopefully had an enjoyable season, and thats all that matters. I'll see yall next season!