Tennessee vs Georgia predictions/ discussion

joepuppy

Seems a lot of media groups are picking UGA. I see it being a close game, and I don't see my Vols scoring the usual 40+ points. My score prediction is 38-35 Volunteers. Turnover margin will be critical, and special teams play as well. UT's offensive line play has been good, but UGA's defense is fast up front. I'm sure most reasonable fans of both teams are nervous about this one.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Seems a lot of media groups are picking UGA. I see it being a close game, and I don't see my Vols scoring the usual 40+ points. My score prediction is 38-35 Volunteers. Turnover margin will be critical, and special teams play as well. UT's offensive line play has been good, but UGA's defense is fast up front. I'm sure most reasonable fans of both teams are nervous about this one.
Unless UT's field goal kicker has had an epiphany, the kicking game will play a big role.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
You all healed up and back to fighting fires?

greendawg

I think the Dawgs will have a hard time stopping UT offense, but they will get a few stops. I don't think UT can stop UGA with a healthy offense. Right now teams are having to pick their poison, either double Bowers and have him torch you deep or let Darnell catch the ball and plow over your linebackers and safeties. Then you have to deal with McIntosh as a hybrid RB/WR and Edwards as monster in seeing and hitting gaps. Milton will play, but I'm not sire he is better than Branson Robinson right now. I'm hopeful AD Mitchell can go, but Ladd, Blaylock, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Dillon Bell, Kearis, Smith, and others are more than capable to provide yards. Bennett has got to run when he gets the chance and not force throws.

On defense Chris Smith is a rock solid guy with experience, but Ringo and the young guys like Starks and Everette scare me with their ability to allow catches even with decent coverage. Ringo seems lost out there at times, and completely loses track of the ball, but has the size and speed to stay with any WR if he can lock in. Carter being healthy will be the most important player for either team. Stackhouse, Walthour, and Logue are decent, but Jalen Carter changes a game when in there. Nolan Smith being out hurts but Chambliss and the young guys have the talent to get the jobp done and sack Hooker.

Browning Slayer

I think the Dawgs will have a hard time stopping UT offense, but they will get a few stops. I don't think UT can stop UGA with a healthy offense. Right now teams are having to pick their poison, either double Bowers and have him torch you deep or let Darnell catch the ball and plow over your linebackers and safeties. Then you have to deal with McIntosh as a hybrid RB/WR and Edwards as monster in seeing and hitting gaps. Milton will play, but I'm not sire he is better than Branson Robinson right now. I'm hopeful AD Mitchell can go, but Ladd, Blaylock, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Dillon Bell, Kearis, Smith, and others are more than capable to provide yards. Bennett has got to run when he gets the chance and not force throws.

On defense Smith is a rock solid guy with experience, but Ringo and the young guys like Starks and Everette scare me with their ability to allow catches even with decent coverage. Ringo seems lost out there at times, and completely loses track of the ball, but has the size and speed to stay with any WR if he can lock in. Carter being healthy will be the most important player for either team. Stackhouse, Walthour, and Logue are decent, but Jalen Carter changes a game when in there. Nolan Smith being out hurts but Chambliss and the young guys have the talent to get the jobp done and sack Hooker.
DAWGS WIN!

bnew17

One thing is for sure, the Tn fans I see on the facebook fan pages are extremely cocky/confident in the game. I hope the Dawgs can bring them back down to earth.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
One thing is for sure, the Tn fans I see on the facebook fan pages are extremely cocky/confident in the game. I hope the Dawgs can bring them back down to earth.

We are on the road to Missouri to hunt and we've been listening to sports talk radio and I tell you we might as well not show up. Our team stinks, our stadium is a joke, our scheduleis a joke. I sure hope the vols have been reading all these clippings and coming with that same attitude.

Browning Slayer

We are on the road to Missouri to hunt and we've been listening to sports talk radio and I tell you we might as well not show up. Our team stinks, our stadium is a joke, our scheduleis a joke. I sure hope the vols have been reading all these clippings and coming with that same attitude.
Sounds like a couple on here.. No need for a playoff or a Natty.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103-181456_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221103-181456_Facebook.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6

elfiii

Admin
Staff member