Thank you Lord

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Thank you Lord Jesus for loving such as me, ungodly wicked sinner who never cared for thee. Who took your name in vain, who never gave you thanks, who never cared for others, to satisfy my taste.

Dead in all my sin, no joy within my soul, living for the world and all its many woes. Lifted up with pride but always brought down low, life had no meaning from all the seeds I'd sown.

The law bore me down, condemnation loomed, what hope could there be, I being destitute. Would God have mercy, with such a one as I, one who never cared, now afraid to die?

But a day came, joy unto my soul, a tender Word of mercy, of love and peace bestowed. The Word that Jesus loved me, died for all my sins, took what was mine and gave me what was His.

A perfect life He lived, no sinner such as me, sinless Son of God, He took my place you see. As the law condemned, the One who took my place, God gave to me, all His treasured Grace.

Crucified with Christ, the One who died for me, no more condemnation, for now He lives in me. Raised with Him forever, His Grace shall ever be, declared for all ages, for all eternity.

NoOne

Romans 5:6,8,10 "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.... But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.... When we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Last edited: