Things the Bible does not say about Election, Foreknowledge, and Predestination

BanjoPicker

Things the Bible does not say about Election, Foreknowledge, and Predestination

That God called, chose, elected, foreknew, and predestinated from eternity who are to be saved.

That the saved have had their names in the book of life from all eternity.

That all whom Christ died for are guaranteed eternal life and not one will be lost.

That God could have saved every man of Adam's race if He had willed to do so.

That non-elect sinners cannot possibly be saved regardless of what they do to be saved.

That every sinner is so dead spiritually that he cannot see, hear, understand, believe in, confess sins, come to Christ, do any good, or obey the gospel in any degree in themselves without the new birth.

That the Holy Spirit will quicken and make alive elect sinners so that they can hear, understand, and obey the gospel, but He will pass all others by and will not enable them to believe and obey.

That Gid's plan of salvation and the atonement was made for a select few who will become the final elect. No provision is for made for the majority of sinners and they can never be saved even if they chose to be cooperated in salvation.

That man's free choice does not have one thing to do with his salvation or ****ation in any degree.

That God's call, election and salvation are not based upon faith, tendency to obey, trait, power, or any possibility of any act, or attitude on the part of the sinner.

BanjoPicker

That all men have a general outward call to salvation, but it is not possible for the majority of sinners to accept and obey the call, for they are not chosen, elected, or predestinated to eternal life.

The few men who are the elect-sinners not only receive the general outward call, but they receive a special inward call by the Holy Spirit, which He never gives to the other sinners--a call that designates them as the special elect and that guarantees their final salvation.

That it is not man, But God that determined from all eternity which persons would be saved or lost.

Salvation is wholly a work of God from the beginning to the end, and in no sense, or any degree can a sinner contribute to his own salvation in attitude, will, choice, faith, yieldedness, consecration, surrender, obedience, repentance, confession of sin and guilt, meeting conductions, or n coming to Christ, or accepting salvation.

Salvation is not and cannot be a mutual arrangement, or a mutual co-operation between God and man.

That the elect is so controlled by God that one cannot possibly reject or refuse salvation or disobey God in any detail.

That the elect do not have any responsibility at all to keep themselves in grace, obey the gospel, or be faithful to the end the be saved.

BanjoPicker

That no sinner is free to obey God, and he cannot meet any of the gospel requirements until he is born again and made alive by the Holy Spirit.

That God's choice to save a man is the only choice made in salvation, for man is incapable of making choices, and even if he could make them, they would be of no value in affecting his salvation one way or the other.

No man of the elect-sinners can possibly resist the special inward call of the Holy Spirit to be saved, for grace is invincible and irresistable on the part of the elect-sinners.

That the Holy Spirit is not limited in His work of applying salvation to any man whom He chooses, nor is He dependent upon man's co-operation for success in applying salvation processes.

That man is a helpless slave to God from the time the Holy Spirit chooses and applies salvation to him.

That all acts and events, both small and great, come about as a result of God's election and eternal decrees, and nothing can happen in time or in eternity, in the heavens or on the earth, without God's direct control and purpose.

That Christ did not die for every sinner, but only for a special few who are the objects of God's sovereign will and grace.

God does not leave it up to sinners, or their co-operation as to whether Christ's work will be effective and eternal in them or not.

ambush80

Why is this in the Other Faiths sub forum as opposed to the Christianity and Judaism one? Banjo, could you cite passages that support your assertions?

ambush80

If God knows everything, doesn't He know who is going to Heaven and who is going to He11 even before they are born?

brutally honest

Why is this in the Other Faiths sub forum as opposed to the Christianity and Judaism one?

I wondered the same thing and came up with two possible explanations:

1) It was a mistake. He meant to put it in the C&J forum or the Spiritual Discussion forum but forgot where he was and put it here.

2) It was on purpose. This forum is mostly dead, so it’s a perfect venue for even more of his C&P threads. Why dominate two sub-forums when you can dominate three?

I favor #2, but I could be wrong.

ambush80

I wondered the same thing and came up with two possible explanations:

1) It was a mistake. He meant to put it in the C&J forum or the Spiritual Discussion forum but forgot where he was and put it here.

2) It was on purpose. This forum is mostly dead, so it’s a perfect venue for even more of his C&P threads. Why dominate two sub-forums when you can dominate three?

I favor #2, but I could be wrong.

That's a typical story arch for many of the Triple A's. Start asking questions and get banished to a lower sub forum, then a lower one. until you end up at the Kiddie Table.:ROFLMAO:

ambush80

It's interesting to see how when someone has a Heterodox view of religion that they feel welcome and un judged enough to express it in a "lower" sub forum. Like how black Democrats are always surprised at how welcome they are at Trump rallies. They think they know, but they don't.

gordon 2

It's interesting to see how when someone has a Heterodox view of religion that they feel welcome and un judged enough to express it in a "lower" sub forum. Like how black Democrats are always surprised at how welcome they are at Trump rallies. They think they know, but they don't.
There is something about this that is like a boxer blinding his opponent by placing a glove in front of the opponent's face only to quickly remove it as the other mitt, shot from the shoulder with all the body's weight, is about to crash into the blind opponent's face. I think it just hit me the "like how". I recall reading it, but never felt the hit until now. Interesting.

ambush80

There is something about this that is like a boxer blinding his opponent by placing a glove in front of the opponent's face only to quickly remove it as the other mitt, shot from the shoulder with all the body's weight, is about to crash into the blind opponent's face. I think it just hit me the "like how". I recall reading it, but never felt the hit until now. Interesting.
It was more of an observation and less of a dig. More like a ::ke: