Thanksgiving Day Prep

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Cranberry sauce is in the making, some halo zest and juice was added from one Halo. 2 bags of CBs, 2 cups water, 2 cups of sugar.
20231122_140915.jpg

Green bean casserole in the oven.

Boiling eggs.

What do yall have in the fixins?

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Just got done gathering collards out of the garden and getting them washed up for cooking tomorrow. They'll go good with the smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, giblet gravy, macaroni and cheese casserole, purple hull peas, cornbread, with sweet tater pie and banana split pies.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Wife is putting casseroles together. Cornbread for dressing is in the oven. Turkey is thawing - we'll season & cook it overnight.
I'll put the ham on the grill tomorrow morning after the annual Turkey Trot.
Screenshot_20231122_165533_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231122_165606_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

little rascal

That’s awesome Woodrow! I see them bags of cranberries at the store and i want some. It’s awesome that u make the sauce with them. My family always dumped that canned crap out and sliced it. Never liked it. Wouldn’t never eat beets cause it loooked like sliced cranberry canned.
Did discover later beets are good for pickled eggs!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
That’s awesome Woodrow! I see them bags of cranberries at the store and i want some. It’s awesome that u make the sauce with them. My family always dumped that canned crap out and sliced it. Never liked it. Wouldn’t never eat beets cause it loooked like sliced cranberry canned.
Did discover later beets are good for pickled eggs!!
"Daisey" got one of them clamp on "old" meat grinders that all she ever put in it was cranberries. Mixes lemon Jello and some other "stuff" to make her "cranberry salad"... 9 to 12 folks eat on the holidays at my house and ain't no one but her eat that stuff. :rofl:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
1/2 done.
Dress'n ready to brown..
100_3969.JPG
Green bean casserole done.
100_3966.JPG
"Daisey's" cranberry "salad" done?
100_3971.JPG
Little brother's pie
100_3970.JPG
Niece's strawberry cake
100_3968.JPG
SiL's apple pie
100_3967.JPG
Giblet gravy, mashed spuds, fried okra, candied yams, rolls, maters, and cukes all ready for the morning cook off... bird goes in at 0600.. still ain't been "told" why we eat a 1100 this year.

georgia_home

Mashed, broccoli rice casserole , cranberry salad ?????

and honey baked turkey

things are thawed and ready for tomorrow prep