Thanksgiving Day Prep

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That’s awesome Woodrow! I see them bags of cranberries at the store and i want some. It’s awesome that u make the sauce with them. My family always dumped that canned crap out and sliced it. Never liked it. Wouldn’t never eat beets cause it loooked like sliced cranberry canned.
Did discover later beets are good for pickled eggs!!
Pretty easy to make and way better, add some orange zest and juice

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Last night made the bread pudding, cranberry sauce, no-bake peanut butter/chocolate bars, and sugar cookies. SIL is handling the rest. Did smoke my turkey last sunday. Boiled down the carcass and made 6 quarts of fine soup stock for later use.

JDBrown

Turkey has been in the smoker for a couple of hours, Mrs Brown and my oldest daughter started cooking yesterday, 12 buttermilk pies done, cornbread for dressing, cheese grated for several different dishes, and I don't know what all else. Mrs B is in the kitchen now working on something else, gonna be good eating here afterwhile. Pics coming later. I hope all of ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving, lots of good food, and good times with Family and Friends.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Turkey's out, ham coming along nicely, casseroles are in the oven, daughter's putting together some garlic butter potatoes.
Screenshot_20231123_112228_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231123_112246_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231123_112306_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231123_112355_Gallery.jpg
She's got to be worn out. Worked a 12 hour shift last night then drove an hour to be home.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Working on the deviled eggs and tater salad now. Going to fix the lil smokies there

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Thanksgiving not until Saturday here, but H22 has a hash brown casserole going for his work dinner tomorrow. I'm always asked to bring the deviled eggs. facepalm: Gonna do a first and take desert too. I always try to make H22's mama's stuff for his family Thanksgiving. I'm gonna do my best to make her chocolate delight. I have her hand written recipe. :clap:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Thanksgiving not until Saturday here, but H22 has a hash brown casserole going for his work dinner tomorrow. I'm always asked to bring the deviled eggs. facepalm: Gonna do a first and take desert too. I always try to make H22's mama's stuff for his family Thanksgiving. I'm gonna do my best to make her chocolate delight. I have her hand written recipe. :clap:
Love chocolate delight!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Wife started me off with this...

20231123_111445.jpg

Then:
... go blow the driveway.
... bring more firewood in.
... fill the birdfeeders.
... move your truck to the street so guests can park here.
... change your shirt.
... AND LEAVE THOSE BROWNIES ALONE!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Wife started me off with this...

View attachment 1271493

Then:
... go blow the driveway.
... bring more firewood in.
... fill the birdfeeders.
... move your truck to the street so guests can park here.
... change your shirt.
... AND LEAVE THOSE BROWNIES ALONE!
Told you to stay in the woods.