The Deuce has tagged out!!!

BowSniper

My boy, Deuce (named after me so we call him Deuce), has tagged out on bucks this year for the second time in 3 years. When he first started hunting 3 years ago, we were just trying to get him his first deer with his rifle. He was lucky enough to get a 5 point as his first deer.

1 10-23-21.jpg

He was lucky enough to then get a 10 point as his second deer later that year.

2 1-8-22.jpg

Last year we focused on getting him his first deer with his bow. Although he took 4 shots with his bow, he never connected. This year, we have not been able to hunt much. Two weeks ago he was able to shoot a nice 8 point with his rifle after missing a bigger 8 point that morning and seeing a lot of deer and some good pre-rut action in the woods.

3 10-28-23.jpg

We carry both his rifle and his bow to the stand in case on opportunity shows up in bow range. This past Saturday afternoon, after missing a monster with his rifle that morning, he connected with his first bow kill. A nice 6 pointer with no brow tines.

1.jpg

He is starting to think this is easy. He is 10 years old and has had many more opportunities that I had by the time i was 20 years old. Seems I am a lot better of a guide than i ever was a deer hunter. It sure is a blast teaching the young'ns about the ways of the woods.

BowSniper

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations to both of you.

My son never took to deer hunting much. He went with me some and killed one but just didn't like it. My grandson, his nephew, took to it like a duck to water. There is nothing quite like introducing a youngster to the sport and watching them enjoy it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! He’s having fun, but I bet you are enjoying this just as much if not better! Enjoy the ride bother! :rockon:

BowSniper

It is super fun for me to see him enjoy it and see a lot of deer and kill some nice ones to top it off. I have been a longtime bowhunter and have watched some great deer go by just out of range. That helps to be able to kill decent deer now. Living it through new eyes again now and am enjoying it greatly.
Walked in from work yesterday afternoon and he says to me, "you going hunting with me this weekend?" Thought that was funny cause at 10, he ain't driving yet and i am not sure how he thinks he is going to get the 70 miles down to the farm :D. I sure love that someone seems to be enjoying it as much as i am.

My daughter also enjoys to hunt, but since her Nana (grandma who lived on the property) passed a couple of years ago, she hasn't enjoyed the hunting as much since the dynamics of staying at the farm has changed. She is 18 now and has been hunting with me since she was 2 and a half years old. Here are a few pics of her.

Her first hunt. She told me about the 4 deer standing 40 yards away.
DSC_0094.JPG

Her first deer at 7 years old.
4.jpg

A double with her sister in the blind with us.
1.jpg

Her first deer with a bow.
Abigail Bow Spike 9-23-17.jpg

Her biggest buck to date.
Abigail 7 pt 2021.jpg

I love bringing my kids up in the outdoors. Thanks for letting me brag a little on my kids.

BowSniper