The Founding Fathers on Jesus, Christianity and the Bible

hawglips

Banned
Hog wash. The official documents are very careful NOT to use the name Christian God .

But they sure prayed to the Christian God for guidance while deliberating and preparing those documents.

hawglips

Banned
I think ya'll are fighting a losing battle . The church is losing ground by the day . For a nation that claims to be Christian ,the change in laws in the last century would show otherwise .

Jesus Christ is the God of this land, and as long as we serve Him, we will prosper. If and when we forget this point, then we are in trouble.

I'm reminded of the gentleman, I believe Roger Basby, who wrote a book in the early part of the 20th century along these lines. He recounts a visit he had with the president of the Argentine republic, with whom he discussed the question of why the United States were so much more prosperous than South America, in spite of being blessed with the same resources etc.

The presdient of Argentina said (I'm paraphrasing), " I've given this question a lot of thought. And I've come to the conclusion that the difference is because South America was settled by the Spanish who went there looking for gold, while North America was settled by the Pilgrims who went there searching for God."

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Earl go read this article...

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=84

The Constitution, in short, can be fairly characterized as "godless" or secular only insofar as it deferred to the states on all matters regarding religion and devotion to God.

Relationships between religion and civil government were defined in most state constitutions, and the framers believed it would be inappropriate for the federal government to encroach upon or usurp state jurisdiction in this area. State and local governments, not the federal regime, it must be emphasized, were the basic and vital political units of the day. Thus, it was fitting that the people expressed religious preferences and affiliations through state and local charters

And the framers were pretty Genius too, weren't they!?! The further we get away from the structure they intended, and head toward the structure they WARNED of, the worst things seem to get.
Can you imagine what a wonderful world this Earth would be if the Law Book was the Bible?

wow........what a nice thought.............:clap: