The last country singer...

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Who's the last best country singer?
I know Hank Jr is still alive and did plenty, but who else?
I know who my favorites are, but they're dead an gone.
A few are still kick'n but are not active. It's a tuff call, but no modern country singers are worth a squat.
What say you?

Hillbilly stalker

John Conley is one of my favorites.
Randy Travis before his medical problems.
Alan Jackson is probably the one carrying the torch right now.
I really like Brad Paisley, he’s been around for 20 years and has a ton of top tens including several #1’s. He had a large variety of songs from heart breakers to fun to memorial songs to several great duets . He is a very talented guitar player and has hosted many music awards. He’s not one of the new soy boys or hip hop wanna be’s.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bullcrap. Plenty of great country singers out there right now. They just don't get played on the radio. You gotta look for 'em.
Sturgill Simpson. Ryan Bingham. Tyler Childers. Chris Knight. Koe Wetzel. Colter Wall. Whitey Morgan. The Dead South. And many, many more.

fflintlock

Bullcrap. Plenty of great country singers out there right now. They just don't get played on the radio. You gotta look for 'em.
Sturgill Simpson. Ryan Bingham. Tyler Childers. Chris Knight. Koe Wetzel. Colter Wall. Whitey Morgan. The Dead South. And many, many more.
So I was wrong about "no modern country singers" ?

fflintlock

Yes. Just don't listen to "country" radio. It's pop.
I don't. All my music is from cd's, tape or pandora. But I'm still standing by my original statement. I'm old school, other than a few, I just don't see it. You did bring up a couple I had forgot about though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

GT90

Way too open end a question...

Depends on how you define "country", and I bet you knew that when you posted. ::ke: (y)

Willie has been around a LONG time and is very well liked.
George Strait is a solid choice for another still living singer and is also well liked.

No right choice on this one, which is good. Means we get to like what we like.

Me, I like me some George Jones.

fflintlock

I guess I'm pretty much out of touch. I reckon I should rest my cassette tapes and see what all is out there these days.

fflintlock

Way too open end a question...

Depends on how you define "country", and I bet you knew that when you posted. ::ke: (y)

Willie has been around a LONG time and is very well liked.
George Strait is a solid choice for another still living singer and is also well liked.

No right choice on this one, which is good. Means we get to like what we like.

Me, I like me some George Jones.
Just ask'n, that's all...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't. All my music is from cd's, tape or pandora. But I'm still standing by my original statement. I'm old school, other than a few, I just don't see it. You did bring up a couple I had forgot about though.
Waylon is dead. We gotta deal with it. Don't be bitter. If you can't see that Tyler is more authentic than anybody inthe last 40 years, I don't know what to tell you. Porter Wagner was bubblegum pop, BTW.