What to spray for nutsedge, weeds?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And I just figured out what all those weeds in my foodplots are. :rolleyes: :banginghe

2dye4

IMG_0997.jpeg
Have to have chemical license to purchase and has a residual I’m pretty sure.

2dye4

Yeah applied post, cadre doesn't have premergent on nutsedge. Nothing does honestly except dual magnum does provide some suppression when applied pre.
I trust you more that me. Seen a lot of your posts and seems like you have great knowledge. Appreciate your input.
Thanks,

buckpasser

Yeah applied post, cadre doesn't have premergent on nutsedge. Nothing does honestly except dual magnum does provide some suppression when applied pre.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but it sure seemed to give me great control all season this year. I was believing it had to be working “pre” on NS as good as it did.

doomtrpr_z71

I’m not disagreeing with you, but it sure seemed to give me great control all season this year. I was believing it had to be working “pre” on NS as good as it did.
Cadre sucks as a premergent in general but the only thing that stops nutsedge pre is fumigation otherwise you can get suppression from s metolachlor. Cadre does however tend to reduce nutsedge tubers when applied post so that could make it appear to be working some pre.

WishboneW

I did the 3 qt/ac glyphosate on Nutsedge back in July. Still brown today.

Spring will tell the tale. Horse nettle is another story

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I did the 3 qt/ac glyphosate on Nutsedge back in July. Still brown today.

Spring will tell the tale. Horse nettle is another story
I’m not looking forward to my coming fist fight with it. :rolleyes:

WishboneW

I’m not looking forward to my coming fist fight with it. :rolleyes:
We are planting wheat oats and rye in affected plots. I intend to cut 2 times a month in order to prevent the horse nettle from producing seeds. I will also spray 2 4 D.

It’s war.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Will Sedgehammer kill clover?

doomtrpr_z71

Sedgehammer won't kill anything that isn't a sedge, horse nettle is a pain, it's usually best to mow one a month until now and then spray it with a heavy phenoxy pasture herbicide.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sedgehammer won't kill anything that isn't a sedge, horse nettle is a pain, it's usually best to mow one a month until now and then spray it with a heavy phenoxy pasture herbicide.

Thank you sir. Getting a good stand of persistent perennial clover is harder work than it looks like. Now I'm off to DIY Pest Control to buy some. :rockon:

doomtrpr_z71

We are planting wheat oats and rye in affected plots. I intend to cut 2 times a month in order to prevent the horse nettle from producing seeds. I will also spray 2 4 D.

It’s war.
If you plan on using 24d on horsenettle make sure to use something like MSO for a surfactant, its going to need help getting through leaf cuticle. It wouldn't hurt to also spray Metsulfuron on it as well.